• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    With the recent flood of noobies coming solely for the classifieds, I had a question.

Can the classifieds be hidden from places like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc?

I've noticed that many people who frantically post to get to 50 posts are coming from places like Google when they find a piece of gear or gun they're looking for. They see the deal and freak out or something.

Surely there's a way to shield the classifieds from search engines, right? Maybe make it private except to members or something?

Just a thought. Probably a useless reach for some tranquility, but hey, had to try! :D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Just impose a $50 douche tax for the noobs
    With the recent flood of noobies coming solely for the classifieds, I had a question.

Can the classifieds be hidden from places like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc?

I've noticed that many people who frantically post to get to 50 posts are coming from places like Google when they find a piece of gear or gun they're looking for. They see the deal and freak out or something.

Surely there's a way to shield the classifieds from search engines, right? Maybe make it private except to members or something?

Just a thought. Probably a useless reach for some tranquility, but hey, had to try! :D

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    i don't see a problem with it. just makes this place more popular, and gets more people here. I like it.
    Wish we would separate the long guns, and handguns sections of the classifieds though to make it easier to navigate and keep up with.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    i don't see a problem with it. just makes this place more popular, and gets more people here. I like it.
    Wish we would separate the long guns, and handguns sections of the classifieds though to make it easier to navigate and keep up with.

Double edged sword. They come, some stay, some contribute, but some just do the one liner thing and get pissy about rules.

I was one that said not to seperate the handguns and long guns, but now I agree with it. There's so much that things cycle off the 1st page way too fast. :twocents::ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just figure it would help filter out the greedy types that don't want to be part of the community and would be more willing to screw someone over than give a good deal. :dunno:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Many members discover this site through the classifieds. Some of them become valuable members who contribute to the board. Others are here just for the classifieds. I'm not going to block the classifieds from search engines.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I found this place through "indymonkey" (hope I don't get any bad reps for mentioning that lol) I had heard about it before, but got on here cause he said there were good deals on the classifieds section. Then after I got to 50 posts I couldn't stop getting on here and reading threads, info, posting and conversing. So It's not all bad, i've met with some good people and bought and sold a few things on here, I must say it's an awesome tool. Also, a good way to meet some people into the same thing we are all into.
    :ingo::ingo::ingo:!!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Nah, it draws in the noobs and the resulting train wreck of ranting and raving about the 50 post rule is a spectacle not to be missed. :):

i discovered ingo for the classifieds and look how bad thats turned out for ingo

:+1:

Were it not for the classifieds search you might not have been graced by the presence and glory that is printcraft.

Just think of everything you would be missing out on if I were not here. :twocents:

:p

Kinda makes your head spin.... don't it!?!

:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Many members discover this site through the classifieds. Some of them become valuable members who contribute to the board. Others are here just for the classifieds. I'm not going to block the classifieds from search engines.

Twas just a thought. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom