• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    How long does an infraction last.. i.e. the one I got that is visible on my profile page... how long before it goes bye bye or does it ever go bye bye?

And if it doesn't ever go bye bye, why not?

How many infractions until a ban?

And is my infraction visible to everyone on INGO.. since it's on my profile page?

I do apologize for "cursing" in a thread, but I wanted to know the ins and outs of a "infraction".

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    How long does an infraction last.. i.e. the one I got that is visible on my profile page... how long before it goes bye bye or does it ever go bye bye?

And is my infraction visible to everyone on INGO.. since it's on my profile page?

I do apologize for "cursing" in a thread, but I wanted to know the ins and outs of a "infraction".

I didn't even know infractions were given out here.

BTW, Forum Support / Suggestions - INGunOwners

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    LOL you got a ticket on the internet. someone got upset and sent you a napkin.lol

Post a screenshot of it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I got three myself. 1 for talking about revolution jokingly, and another two for getting mad and curseing two different people.

I'd be interested in how many = a ban hammer myself...

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    It's seriously not that big of a deal.. I just posted on a thread I felt very strongly about and used a curse word to describe my frustration.. it just would have been nice to get a warning is all... especially considering the mod who gave me the infraction is a "friend" of mine.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

How many people just checked out Machinegun's profile (raises hand) :):

I see no infraction. must be user-viewable only.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The way it was explained to me is, "X" number of infractions in a certain time period gets you a temporary ban. I don't know what the "X" number or the time period are, though.

Basically an infraction is the forum equivalent of a smack to the back of the head.

"Knock it off, you!"

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The way it was explained to me is, "X" number of infractions in a certain time period gets you a temporary ban. I don't know what the "X" number or the time period are, though.

Basically an infraction is the forum equivalent of a smack to the back of the head.

"Knock it off, you!"

:laugh: Lord knows my mouth gets me into more trouble than anything else. :rockwoot:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    What's being censored that you don't agree with? FTR, we DO NOT censor posts. Posts are removed when they violate the rules that YOU agree to when YOU sign up here.

Yes you are correct.. and I did say this isn't my site, so I will and do follow the rules.

I slipped.. and I should have been warned first.. then if I continued to do so.. then a infraction should be in order.

But to give an infraction with no warning.. that's total bs.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What's being censored that you don't agree with? FTR, we DO NOT censor posts. Posts are removed when they violate the rules that YOU agree to when YOU sign up here.

You mean like a homeowner's association, only without the boring meeting where you have a chance to rubber stamp the board's already-made decisions? :D

Blessings,
    Bill

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    But to give an infraction with no warning.. that's total bs.

An infraction IS the warning. It is the mechanism we use to lightly remind people of the rules. Its a warning before an outright ban (which is rare and tough to get, honestly).

Like shooter521 pointed out, it is equivalent to a tap on the back of the head. They really don't "mean" anything.

Infraction = Warning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom