• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I assume this rule is for anti-spam reasons, but it is a little annoying, I have been trying to contact a member on a WTS ad, but now I cannot until I make 10 posts.

Guess I tried to cheat......but shouldn't this post count as 1, now I am back down to 0?

This is the suggestion area, what drew me to the site was the for sale ads, but I have to jump through hoops to use them. I don't have 10 things I want to post about right now, so I lose out on a deal, or a member misses a sale. Just seems counter productive, although I do understand spam and the problems with it. Hello bye the way.

Bman

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hello and welcome. A good place to start is posting in the Introductions thread. 10 quality posts is not much to ask.

No cheating:):

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    :rules: It has worked up to this point. Instead of trying to cheat (whatever that means) why not follow the rules? There is so much varied content on here that there has to be something you can contribute to the group.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    :welcome:

Well I don't know much about cheating the system, But I kind of know what you mean.

Previously I was only on AR15.com, but joined here because of the local EE had a ciener kit I wanted. I joined, but the post count kept me from getting the kit locally.

Regardless though, I'm thankful not to be spammed, and I would say just post some pictures and maybe talk a little about your firearm experiences.
    There is an introduction part of the forum as well.

My :twocents:

Welcome to Ingo.
    :patriot:

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I tried posting 10 times with just the words post 1, post 2,....etc to show it was a waste of time, but the admin or system deleted them, so it made it an even bigger waste of time, and put me back to zero posts. Oh well....:dunno: maybe now I have 1

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Yeah I could contribute plenty of things, and I might, but the point was I wanted to make an offer on a WTS ad, but couldn't. From what I have noticed in the past couple days of lurking on the site, things sell pretty fast when it is a decent deal, so I'll probably miss out. I was surprised when it wouldn't let me send a message to the seller because of my post count so I thought I would complain in the comment section for my first post......yeah I wouldn't have been surprised if I read the rules, but I don't read much, I'm more of a picture guy.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That's 2. Now were cookin' with gas!:D

Have a good evening... a few more like this and you can send that PM.:yesway:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I assume this rule is for anti-spam reasons, but it is a little annoying, I have been trying to contact a member on a WTS ad, but now I cannot until I make 10 posts.

You've been registered here for less than 24 hours and you've been trying to game the system already. Way to go.

If you are from other boards (like arfcom) you know EXACTLY why rules like this are imposed.

How hard is it to get 10 decent posts?
    Bitch whine and moan... yeah, you definitely are from arfcom :lmfao:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This is the suggestion area, what drew me to the site was the for sale ads, but I have to jump through hoops to use them. I don't have 10 things I want to post about right now, so I lose out on a deal, or a member misses a sale. Just seems counter productive, although I do understand spam and the problems with it. Hello bye the way.

Bman

You want to sell guns and accessories to gun owners and enthusiasts but 10 comments from you concerning guns is asking too much?:dunno:

In the past few days I've seen this topic come up several times. Seems to me some spammers are getting a knot in their breeches.

I think Fenwick is hot on to the trail of something here. Just about got them tree'd.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    You've been registered here for less than 24 hours and you've been trying to game the system already. Way to go.

If you are from other boards (like arfcom) you know EXACTLY why rules like this are imposed.

That's 2. Now were cookin' with gas!:D

Have a good evening... a few more like this and you can send that PM.:yesway:

I see you guys are up and at it early.

:+1:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

If I were running the forum he'd already have been banned and all his posts deleted. Imagive what a bitchy whiner he'll be after a hundred posts?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ... yeah, you definitely are from arfcom :lmfao:

Now, now, many here came from Arfcom!

The rule is in place due to problems that have occurred, sorry you are caught up in it. At the same time, just wander and chatter a bit and you will be on your way to deals.

And compared to Arfcom you actually have a chance to buy something here. I have not been able to get what I need from Arfcom all night because refreshing constantly is apparently not fast enough. That and I just saw something bought new for $530 get resold within 24 hours for $775. That is the kind of thing we are trying to stop here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

Guess I tried to cheat......but shouldn't this post count as 1, now I am back down to 0?

Bman

Welcome bman,

Here's the issue: Fenway does not want the classified section to be another gunbroker.com The idea is that the classifieds are a benefit to contributing members. We are glad to have you here, and quite a few members found us by searching for classifieds, but that's not the reason for INGO. I am sorry that you might loose out on the sale. Having said that, you've got so little time on the site you (likely) have absolutely no knowledge of the members. Do you know the reputation of the person you are trying to buy from? Does that guy know your reputation? People don't like getting burned on this site, and the annonimity provided by the internet causes some people to act unscrupulously. It sucks, but happens.

Welcome. We hope you benefit from, and contribute to, the site.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Welcome bman,

Here's the issue: Fenway does not want the classified section to be another gunbroker.com The idea is that the classifieds are a benefit to contributing members. We are glad to have you here, and quite a few members found us by searching for classifieds, but that's not the reason for INGO. I am sorry that you might loose out on the sale. Having said that, you've got so little time on the site you (likely) have absolutely no knowledge of the members. Do you know the reputation of the person you are trying to buy from? Does that guy know your reputation? People don't like getting burned on this site, and the annonimity provided by the internet causes some people to act unscrupulously. It sucks, but happens.

Welcome. We hope you benefit from, and contribute to, the site.

Dealers tend to ruin any site for the "People" (my opinion) when they lay out 50 similar widgets for $799.99 each. Add another 50 dealers and suddenly you have 2,550 similar widgets for $799.99 . No one wants to scroll through all of that crap!

I remember purchasing the Trader Paper; full of great deals , page after page.
    I stopped buying it when page after page was full of dealership ads.

Contribute, don't Consume!:patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom