• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Funny video, and I have been waiting to see that but I'm not sure I care for the way it was done.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I'm not laughing. Just about one week ago, I posted a similar video that Jimmy Kimmel did about guns in Starbucks. But now, I'm rethinking the whole issue.

No, I'm not laughing. The videos (yours and the one I posted) mock us in a big, yet subtle way.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Funny video, and I have been waiting to see that but I'm not sure I care for the way it was done.

Dude, it's The Daily Show. That kind of tongue-in-cheek is how Stewart, et al, approach everything. The featured OC'er wasn't necessarily a model of physical fitness, but at least he was well-dressed, well-mannered, and clean - i.e., a normal person.

Don't expect them to be rabidly pro-2A. I would venture to say most of their audience is not rabidly pro-2A. At least the piece wasn't full of "anti" rhetoric.

Probably the best we can hope for is that after being made just this aware, there will be fewer OC'ers who have to deal with a "man with a gun", call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm just disappointed that the 'Heather's Mommy Has Two Glocks' title doesn't match the two .45s that the illustration shows.

Very tired of people MOCKING the Second Amendment.

Bunch of ******** fearful pieces of filth.

May posterity forget them.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Probably the best we can hope for is that after being made just this aware, there will be fewer OC'ers who have to deal with a "man with a gun", call.
    You do have a point. With the daily show having millions of viewers, those folks are now aware that OC is legal in nearly a dozen states (if their facts are correct).

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    First, I don't watch the Daily Show. The regular news is frightening enough in its bias. And there are people out there that think the Daily Show is news. Second I could only stomach about 1:30 of that video, so there may have been some redeeming features I missed.

I don't think it's funny and if you read the comments on the website, it's clear a majority of those speaking up have serious prejudices about guns and OC in particular. If this is an opportunity to educate, then go for it, but those people aren't educable IMO. They've already made up their minds and won't let the facts get in the way of their holy opinions. :patriot:

It's a shame this same story couldn't have been told in a serious non-mocking tone. Then there might have been a real dialogue.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    haha, i'm laughing. its the comedy channel, seriously. yeah, it poked fun, but at both sides. i've seen more recent stuff on nbc and abc blasting the gun owner from only the anti side. at least it was fair and balanced. by the way, if you're offended at them poking fun at their body sizes, prehaps you look in the mirror.:cool:

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    haha, i'm laughing. its the comedy channel, seriously.

I thought it was funny and I rarely laugh
    I'm not saying it wasn't funny. I totally see the comedy in it. I'm just not laughing because I know that they were intentionally mocking us BECAUSE THEY HATE US.

It's one thing for a comedy show to mock, let's say, vegans. We laugh and the vegans laugh too, because they know the comedians don't HATE the vegetarians.

We know for a fact that they HATE us and think we should be locked up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, that's the Daily Show for you. While they compared us to Gay's, it could have been a lot worse. And really, they called the Brady's a hate group and mocked them as such. :dunno:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    :rofl:

Thought it was pure Daily Show gold. Yes, it was very tongue in cheek, but it was also supposed to be. I loved how they called the Brady Campaign a hate group. Now I just need to head over to Amazon to pick up a copy of Heather's Mommy Has Two Glocks.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I'm not saying it wasn't funny. I totally see the comedy in it. I'm just not laughing because I know that they were intentionally mocking us BECAUSE THEY HATE US.

It's one thing for a comedy show to mock, let's say, vegans. We laugh and the vegans laugh too, because they know the comedians don't HATE the vegetarians.

We know for a fact that they HATE us and think we should be locked up.

some of us hate vegans. their dining habits go directly against evolutionary progress. if it weren't for B12 supplements, they'd all die. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I used to watch the Daily show but it has become less and less funny and more biased. He used to mock all parties and kinds equally, now he seems to pick on republicans only(and mock all their ideas as crazy and stupid), while praising the dems. Just get's old i guess. And i don't claim to be an R, i just prefer equal opportunity mocking.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I thought it was funny as all get out. Yeah, he was mocking us, that's what he does. But he did so gently. The OC'ers he feature were about as non-threatening as people can be, and the ridicule directed at those engaging in hysterics about OC was that much more intense because of that. Hey... it wasn't US he called a hate group!!

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I loved the sketch.
    I have been watching the Daily Show for a long time and it's easy to tell where their bias lies.

Comparing OC to Gay Rights is a serious accolade coming from them.
    Not at all worried about their portrayal of gun owners.
    They have a simple formula:
    Bad guys look stuffy, whiny, and conservative.
    Good guys are all over the place... sometimes mocked, sometimes serious, sometimes portrayed as the victim, sometimes the hero.

Anyone else notice how stupid they made Helmke look?
    I was very pleased about that.
    The way they included the Brady bunch in that bit made them look evil and <gasp> Republican.

No complaints here.

Top Bottom