• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    I stopped at one of our local Marsh stores to pick up some dinner, I was open carrying my 9mm in a DeSantis holster. Had only been in the store a couple of minutes and was being shadowed by what I guess was the manager.

After being there long enough to get my steaks, mushrooms and head over to the freezer case I had enough. I turned and looked the shadow in the eye and asked if I could help him? He had no reply, I told him that I did not appreciate being followed around the store and if he needed something to say so. He turned and walked away.

I paid for my stuff and walked out to my vehicle, got in and left. As I was pulling out two police cars whizzed into the parking lot.

Wish I had stopped and browsed the magazines so I would have been there when they got there.

Guess I will be shopping at Kroger from now on. :dunno:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I got tailed all over the speedway Marsh about a week ago. I intentionally wondered around longer and lingered around the magazine aisle.

No cops showed up though. I was wearing my g19 in a fobus with a shirt behind the glock

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I paid for my stuff and walked out to my vehicle, got in and left. As I was pulling out two police cars whizzed into the parking lot.

Wish I had stopped and browsed the magazines so I would have been there when they got there.

My guess is that the cops told the manager that you were perfectly legal and HE had no basis for the complaint. Since they did not pursue or try to contact you, in their eyes, you were not a problem.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah but I bet the manager had a harrowing story about being accosted by raving lunatic waving a gun around threatening to "keel" everyone. Thank God he was there to talk you out of your obvious ill-intentions and saved everybodies lives in the store. I'm not familiar with your 9mm but undoubtedly it was black!!! I would like to take this time to personally thank this great American un-named hero for being there when we needed him most:rofl:

I was just informed that you didn't have just any gun but one of the dreaded ASSAULT PISTOLS!!!!!!!

Last edited:

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    Yes it is black and even worse it is a dreaded Taurus 609Ti

To add to the story, I stopped in there on the way home from my duty day just in chance to catch the manager. With luck I did, I handed him my chopped up Marsh card and told him to have a nice day and that Kroger was having a nice Labor Day sale all while, wait for it....

Open carrying in his store again!

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008

To add to the story, I stopped in there on the way home from my duty day just in chance to catch the manager. With luck I did, I handed him my chopped up Marsh card and told him to have a nice day and that Kroger was having a nice Labor Day sale all while, wait for it....

Did you talk to him about why you will no longer be shopping there? And, if so, what was his response?

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'd be interested to know which Marsh this is.

Since you confronted him and he ignored you by running off.. maybe his supervisor would be interested in his behavior.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

See, maybe this will wake that "manager" up to the fact that he should arm himself!
    When he needed the cops they were only minutes away!!!!!!! :laugh:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis

Quote from ALIEN RESURRECTION:
    Ripley: "You've got a mean streak in you. I like that.":D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I stopped at one of our local Marsh stores to pick up some dinner, I was open carrying my 9mm in a DeSantis holster. Had only been in the store a couple of minutes and was being shadowed by what I guess was the manager.

After being there long enough to get my steaks, mushrooms and head over to the freezer case I had enough. I turned and looked the shadow in the eye and asked if I could help him? He had no reply, I told him that I did not appreciate being followed around the store and if he needed something to say so. He turned and walked away.

Guess I will be shopping at Kroger from now on. :dunno:

Good thing it wasn't in your back pocket. :laugh:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Kroger isn't very pro-gun either. Many of their stores in Cincinnati (where they are located) are marked with no-carry signs. Their corporate office also has no-gun signs posted at the Kroger building. How do I know? I worked there for a few years.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I OC in my local Kroger all the time. No one seems to mind except the drunk woman that came up to me saying, "You gots a gun. Is you gonna keel me?"

Top Bottom