• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    So I almost didn't go to work this morning, I was thinking about staying home because there was this really creepy truck parked out front of my house. I noticed it when backing out of the driveway. So I stop and wait to see if its going to move or not, then the truck slowly pulls forward, just past my house and parks again. So now I start thinking about the wife and baby sleeping in my house, which reminds me I didnt lock the deadbolt only the other lock. (I never forget the deadbolt!) So I pull back in the driveway run up to the house. (It was raining) lock the dead bolt and go back to my car. I noticed a shadowy figure running from a neighbors house to the parked truck. Then the truck slowly pulls to the next house the shadowy figure runs to the house and runs back to the truck and proceeds to the next house! They must be checking to see if any houses are unlocked!! So I pull out of the driveway and go in their direction to find out for sure. Then I see it. I see what they are up to. They had newspapers.....but surely they are stealing them! Nope they are dropping them off, then the man smiled and waved to me....yep.

Not sure why they were passing out newspapers at this time, I always leave at almost the exact same time and I've never seen them
    before. Still made it to work with 28 seconds to spare :)

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am a little disapointed after reading this thread. I thought it may have been an old lady that worked for a real estate company.

the fact you didn't have someone manned with a rifle upon your exit worries me

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Is the where I start the thread about the lunatic that was following me around while delivering papers in the rain this morning? Did I neglect to mention that I was afraid for my life due to the stalking and was prepared to use deadly force?

:cool:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Is the where I start the thread about the lunatic that was following me around while delivering papers in the rain this morning? Did I neglect to mention that I was afraid for my life due to the stalking and was prepared to use deadly force?

:cool:

I almost did as I saw it a minute after it was posted, but I decided I'd rather be one of the judges. That and I wasn't completely sure there wasn't a previous thread it was based off, so if there is, it'll get more points from me.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Every once in a while, I will see a vehicle in the neighborhood that looks out of place. I wait to se if anybody is lurking around if possible.

Never hurts to pay attention what is going on in the hood.

Be safe.

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    If it was me, I would have sped past them in my truck and did a 360 stopping in front of them. Jump out with my AR and put the green lazer dot right in their face to let them know I was watching them. Then I would have screamed at them for not just throwing the paper in the driveway. Might have even fired a warning shot to prove I was serious.
    But then again your calm thinking worked well just not as exciting.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Lurkers

Those lurkers are around here every day. They used to have a van with no muffler which gave away their position but that guy died and the new one is much more stealthy. Made me start setting the alarm clock! This morning we had even more worrisome trespassers. They actually took stuff from every home. They drive a big white truck which is a lot more detectable but they only show up on Wednesday mornings. I'm ready for 'em every time and they still get away with my stuff!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Those lurkers are around here every day. They used to have a van with no muffler which gave away their position but that guy died and the new one is much more stealthy. Made me start setting the alarm clock! This morning we had even more worrisome trespassers. They actually took stuff from every home. They drive a big white truck which is a lot more detectable but they only show up on Wednesday mornings. I'm ready for 'em every time and they still get away with my stuff!
    Thursday mornings around here and they can have it!!

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Good thing you were vigilant! My place is on a raised foundation, so I tend to see any activity going on in the neighbourhood, and this worst is always vehicles that like to just stop and sit on the road at the corner of our yard. I don't know why, but they will just randomly do it. I figure they're lost, on their cell, or something else, but it never goes un-noticed here.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I hate it when the newspaper guy trips the siesmic sensors and makes me look at the cameras... way too early in the morning...

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    When i was 17 i was coming home late from a party. It was around 0430 or so in the morning. I pulled into my drive way and killed the lights. Around the same time i noticed a car at the other end of the street. It was around the same time as the news paper gets dropped off. For some reason i decided to just wait for the news paper and bring it in. As i was waiting i noticed a couple times the person popped the trunk of the car and seemed to put something in it. (It happened every time the walked a way from a house) at the time i couldnt really see what was going on. On our porch we have a few little statues as decorations. When the car pulled up to my house i watched to see what they were doing. The man stole my mothers flower pot and our owl statue. I got a description of the car and waited for them to leave. When i got inside i called the police. A long story short they ended up catching the guy and article was writtin in the local paper. Had everything from peoples boots to garden tools. I couldnt believe it. We did get our stuff back though. Haha.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We had an incident a week ago. I have a neighbor that died, and another one that built a house and has moved. Both houses sit empty.

I noticed several cars circling the block, then driving up into both houses driveways. So I turned out my lights, grabbed my tactical flashlight, and headed outside onto my very dark porch (yes I was carrying). Turns out the gal down the street works for an animal rescue shelter, and a new beagle that had been abused escaped out her door (she was fostering it) and ran off. So, i joined in the puppy search.

But i agree, these days, you can't be overly cautious.

Top Bottom