• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I was just watching combat pawn, he was in the episode shooting a mini uzi upside down with the butt of the stock against his forehead....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't have the stomach to watch another JY video. I feel nauseous already.

:puke:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Maybe Que, our own "anti-Yeager" could make a video response on how carrying with an empty chamber is the only way to go. :dunno: :D

Hey, I'm not anti-Yeager. :)j

Anybody who carries without a round in the chamber is unsafe, IMHO.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Hold up. Strike my last post. Did he just indicate that Mossad is not a legitimate elite special forces group?

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I am not necessarily a Yeager fan but he is right on this point. If one is not comfortable enough carrying with one in the chamber, one should really re-evaluate why they are carrying a gun at all. My Grandmother always told me, "Anything worth doing is worth doing right." .....and she is right.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey, I'm not anti-Yeager. :)

Well I meant that you do the opposite of what he does, not that you dont like him.
    Like saying that all guns should be 1911 (well all blue guns anyway) instead of him saying they should all be Glocks like he does. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hold up. Strike my last post. Did he just indicate that Mossad is not a legitimate elite special forces group?

I think he said that the Mossad is the only group that carries with an empty chamber.

I read that they are actually moving away from the "Israeli carry", it actually made sense in the early 70's (:dunno: not sure of the date), when they were mostly using used and old semi-auto pistols who were not the safest to carry with one in the chamber.
    Now with modern (new designs and new guns) weapons like the Glocks and others there is really no reason to practice the "Israeli carry" but some still do it because they were trained that way.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think he said that the Mossad is the only group that carries with an empty chamber.

I read that they are actually moving away from the "Israeli carry", it actually made sense in the early 70's (:dunno: not sure of the date), when they were mostly using used and old semi-auto pistols who were not the safest to carry with one in the chamber.
    Now with modern (new designs and new guns) weapons like the Glocks and others there is really no reason to practice the "Israeli carry" but some still do it because they were trained that way.

No, he actually said "no legitimate special forces group carries without one in the chamber"

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the mention, James!

As for empty chamber carry, I believe that it is a Mindset issue. If you do not trust yourself or your gun, you shouldn't not be carrying.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe he should stop by the drug store and pick up some allergy medicine before filming. Or maybe wait until the coughing, sneezing, snorting spasms have passed.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The gun culture is not only experiencing a expanding base of enthusiasts but a equal expansion of "experts".

Before I go any further I carry a G22 with a round in the chamber, I dont think its a good idea to carry with a empty chamber.

Now that we have a multitude of experts popping up everywhere you often find conflicting information. This is just another example of why I find all these experts tiresome...

Here is a gentleman that has the opposite opinion. And I believe if you listen to enough of his videos you will hear him refer to his sandbox cred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3-Efwp-Pag&feature=relmfu

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    You're supposed to carry a gun with bullets in it? I don't want to kill anyone, just scare them away!

Top Bottom