• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Was refused ammo by the Walmart in beech grove because I had a magazine. Apparently its Indiana Law that you can't buy ammo if you have a magazine while open carrying. So big -1 to beech grove Walmart.

For the record it was a young female employee in the sporting good section

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That's nonsense. Please call and ask to speak with a manager to get that lunacy cleared up.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    So according to that logic you cannot buy a gun and buy ammo for it at the same time?
    I have done that more than a few times. She was wrong.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Should've been a smartass and told her it was a clip...

Hell I've been given a free box of hornadys when I bought my g19.

Your title is a bit misleading...you weren't carrying an empty gun were you?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I would be having a nice chat with the GM of that Walmart and possibly someone at corporate. Did you get the employee and the assistant manager's name?
    godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_Facepalm_collection-s640x387-82177-580.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had my XD, with a loaded mag, they wanted me to pull the mag out just to buy ammo. I asked for the manager, got the assistant manager and he came and said its a law

That is ridiculous! What does removing the magazine do?

So, for the record, was it the assistant sales manager who said it was the law or the lady behind the counter? You need to report the right information when you contact their corporate office.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Why are you people going to Wal-Mart in the first place? I just don't understand the need.
    It's always a pain in the a##.
    Support your LGS. Not WM.
    You really can't fix stupid.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why are you people going to Wal-Mart in the first place? I just don't understand the need.
    It's always a pain in the a##.
    Support your LGS. Not WM.
    You really can't fix stupid.

Well, many gun stores have the "No loaded guns" signs that annoy a great deal of people, but I've never heard of even one store that strictly enforces that rule. Maybe the OP appeared to be a danger to the lady, causing her to enforce some made up store policy/law. :dunno:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I would have been deeply offended if i was told i couldn't buy ammo because I had a magazine with me. Clearly they shouldn't be allowed to have ammo at their store. I think I remember they had a magazine rack. Report that Wal-Mart to the guys in the black trucks and suits.

I would not have removed my bullet holding device from my gun, when asked they could have been posing as wal-mart employees.

But let me get this straight, you already have bullets in your gun, Open carried, and they would not sell you more ammo? Sounds like they quoted the same law where a Greencastle cop told me only cops are allowed to carry loaded guns. That my LTCH permit didn't allow me to carry a gun with actual bullets in it but i could carry bullets in my pocket for self defense. :-O...

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    That is ridiculous! What does removing the magazine do?

So, for the record, was it the assistant sales manager who said it was the law or the lady behind the counter? You need to report the right information when you contact their corporate office.

To clarify my 1st post, made while extremely offended and shocked..

I asked to see a box of tula ammo and she had no problem with opening the case and handing me the box and letting me hold/ examine the ammo

but when i went to buy the ammo

The person at the sporting goods counter told me that she couldnt sell me ammo because I had a magazine and she didnt want to get shot... i took this as an insinuation that I was some kind of armed gunman who was going to shoot her. Or some kind of armed robber.

I demanded to see the store manager and he came over and told me it was indiana law and that he couldnt sell me ammo with a loaded weapon. because he wasnt like a gun store he was a class 2, and Indiana law said he couldnt sell me ammo,

I called the market manager and spoke to his assistant she said someone from Loss prevention at the market level will be calling me.

So I was lumped into a group with murderer's or armed robbers by trying to by ammo with cash in my hand.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I would have been deeply offended if i was told i couldn't buy ammo because I had a magazine with me. Clearly they shouldn't be allowed to have ammo at their store. I think I remember they had a magazine rack. Report that Wal-Mart to the guys in the black trucks and suits.

I would not have removed my bullet holding device from my gun, when asked they could have been posing as wal-mart employees.

But let me get this straight, you already have bullets in your gun, Open carried, and they would not sell you more ammo? Sounds like they quoted the same law where a Greencastle cop told me only cops are allowed to carry loaded guns. That my LTCH permit didn't allow me to carry a gun with actual bullets in it but i could carry bullets in my pocket for self defense. :-O...

f9e06656c895f7ce2e4679c5f1b6abde.jpg

works for me

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had bad experiences at WM. I have stood at the counter for over ten minutes while the clerk talked to another employee. When I asked if I could get some ammunition, she said "when I am finished". Whatever, I left, I go to another WM because it is the cheapest and they have what I want, usually. Unfortunately, I guess that is what you have to expect in order to save a couple bucks.

I take issue with how the clerk was characterized by the OP. I think it reflects poorly on all of us and the forum we enjoy so much.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    But any way.. I found it offensive for her to say or insinuate I was going to shoot her... there is a better chance of an AD with me fiddling with my firearms as opposed to leaving it alone in the holster

runavw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    That Wal-Mart is the worst in Customer Service. I recently vowed not to return to any Wal-Mart. I spent 30 minutes there and didnt get the 2 things I went in for because of poor Customer Service. -1 Wal-Mart BG.
    Besides, Why would someone make up that law in their head? Another successful weekend lawyer class i suppose.

Top Bottom