• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    man i can feel my adreneline pumping watching this one. a drugged out punk comes out of nowhere and tries to club some officers with a golfclub and the officers take care of business. This is how fast it can happen folks. You never know when you are going to be attacked by one of these wack jobs. The courts or whatever ruled that the officers were justified to do what they did. Just remember that you have to be on your toes every day or you could end up getting clubbed in the head on the job. Another druggie bites the dust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    So, the guy comes out of the bedroom with a golfclub and dies?

Wow. Just wow.

I usually don't bite on this stuff.

The beauty of no-knock raids.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Uh, that's a bad shoot. Really bad.

this ^^^^

the closest officer was the one who shot him and he was at the front door. that guy was atleast 15ft away from what it looked like. hmmm lets see 3 foot golfclub+a distance of around 15 feet=no immediate threat. if my math is correct i agree with Kutnupe

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    he had drugs in the house....

drug possession isn't a capital offense.

OP, I've heard talk of you, and this is my first contact with you. If you're calling this good LE work, then that bothers me.... but, even in y lil time here, I suspect you're a Trojan Horse.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    golf club, and fully armed SWAT team members shoot and kill him, really? I think its a bad shoot. stuff like this makes me sick. so he used or sold drugs? and thats a reason to kill him? sad sad state we are in.

no knock and come in my house and it wont be a golf club, nor will I just stand in a hallway.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    this ^^^^

the closest officer was the one who shot him and he was at the front door. that guy was atleast 15ft away from what it looked like. hmmm lets see 3 foot golfclub+a distance of around 15 feet=no immediate threat. if my math is correct i agree with Kutnupe

15 feet is nothing!! thats why we follow the 21 foot rule., A perp can close the gap with an officer at 21 feet before you will be able to react. you are justified in shooting the perp in these situations. Better act fast if you plan to go home tonight

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    15 feet is nothing!! thats why we follow the 21 foot rule., A perp can close the gap with an officer at 21 feet before you will be able to react. you are justified in shooting the perp in these situations. Better act fast if you plan to go home tonight

well im still gonna call the trigger pullers pussies. they had full gear on and they arent men enough to take down a guy with a golf club? how about a taser? no self control. this is another reason why cops shouldn't do this type of work.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Videos like this rarely show the totality of circumstances. That being said, from the footage available above, I don't see how the use of deadly force was warranted against this golf club wielding attacker.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Since it turns out this guy was a druggie, I guess this makes it okay.

We've seen stories of no knock raids at the wrong house.

What would you all do if someone barged in your door?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    this ^^^^

It's as easy as this... anybody can say "police warrant," and kick in your door. Plenty of people have been fooled by bad guys with that trick. It's not surprising at all that someone would seek to arm themselves and before making contact. Upon police entering the home, they should have clearly instructed the resident to get down (several times).... that doesnt happen. And a SWAT entry where the first guy through the door isn't less lethal??? That's crazy....

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    you monday morning quarterbacks have no room to judge those officers, you werent there. When you only have seconds to react you had better hope you are fast thinker. Cops are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont. If they kill a drugg addict, they are made out to be some kind of mosters. If they just use their tazers on him a few times, they are being to brutal. If they use their batons they are just bullies beating up "innocent" druggies minding their own business (of corse). OH and if they don't do anything they will get clubbed in the head by a wack job on METH. What do you want us to do?? You should stand in our shoes for a few paces and see what its like to have perps trying to kill you everytime you bust downa door. My simpathies go to the officers. I pray that they dont get PTSD from doing what it takes to go home at night

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland

im already at home :dunno: im not gunna pretend to be an officer like you do. and 15ft with a golfclub is a significant distance. what makes this a bad shoot is the fact that he never charged the officer like you said. then it could be justified, but he was shot almost as soon as he was visible to the officers. he fell where he stood and thats where he was the entire time. bad shoot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom