Louisville Mayor is asking gun owners to leave their firearms at home...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Saw this on the news last night...

Gun owners not pleased with Mayor Fischer's Thunder request - WDRB 41 Louisville News

This is a result of the recent violence we've had in our area discussed here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...39331-mob-teens-attack-people-louisville.html

I for one will be carrying as usual...but then again, i dont cross the river on the Saturday of Thunder because i like getting home before Sunday night :):

Got to love some of the comments made on WDRB's Facebook page so far...https://www.facebook.com/WDRBNews

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    :lmfao: He may as well just ask for citizens to stay home so the thugs can rule the streets.

I know!!:rofl:

I just loved the "common sense" comments...sure Mayor Fischer, common sense says leave your firearm at home while going to an event with around 500,000 people attending that forces you to park your car somewhere and walk through areas that you wouldn't normally walk through in the middle of the night :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on this kid...LMPD arrests man in connection with Thunder Facebook threats | WHAS11.com Louisville
    Edit: read the Facebook post the kid made thats in the article linked above...im not sure how they saw that as a threat, i cant even decipher what hes saying...its like reading a Harleyrider_50 ​post but much worse :):
    The Mrs. and I will NOT be staying for the fireworks...but she requested that we go for the airshow:rockwoot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe the principle of situational awareness is involved here. That crowd will have violence. Someone will start something and it will get nasty.

Situational awareness says that is a good night to visit Indy. Grief, I won't even go to downtown Fort Wayne for the Three Rivers Festival because of the neighborhood, though it is improving; so there is no way on earth my concern for situational awareness would allow me to join that crowd in Louisville. Mob beat downs have already occurred in that location.

If you go unarmed, you run a great risk of serious injury. If you go armed, you run a great risk of having to draw and fire. As a result, you or your loved one may be shot. You may shoot someone. Either way, that is only the beginning of your trouble; the legal troubles will destroy your wealth, your reputation, and your career. Why would anyone take that risk?

Wisdom and situational awareness say stay away.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I assume then that the good mayor will be the first to give up his armed bodyguards? :dunno: And if he thinks that is a ridiculous idea, then he has his answer.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Depends on how much other TACTICOOL stuff you're wearing to compliment...

"If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend."

if i'm going into a crowd of half a million people, in an area with a history of violent outbreaks, i'm either bringing a long gun and a friend, or i'm staying home. :yesway:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've never felt unsafe at Thunder, in the decade-plus I've been attending.

That said, I think Fisher and LMPD have much, much, MUCH bigger fish to fry than law-abiding CCDW permit holders.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is time for the CITIZENS of this great land to remind politicians that these are OUR communities, they are not elected to be owners, they are elected to be custodians. If the elected custodians of OUR communities will not do their jobs, the CITIZENS will have to. If the elected employees do not want citizens shooting criminals, they need to do their job and get the criminals off the street.

Top Bottom