• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I love to run/jog. I hate not carrying a handgun with me. I have a Ruger LCP that I wear in an ankle holster as a BUG, but running with it on the ankle seems impractical. A guy at a gunstore out of town told me that he saw a guy running with an arm holster with an LCP to use on aggressive dogs because he runs on country roads. I looked all over the net and can't seem to find one. From what I have read the LCP has a propensity to rust if it comes in contact with sweat. That means belly bands and IWB are out. I tried wearing the crossbreed and Glock 26 but that didn't work. Running with it in my hand is just asking for me to drop it. What are others doing?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    You can always go with this.

images

Can keep your ipod in there as well.

However, there is a chance you could end up looking like this guy:

fanny+pack.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That's funny. I do think a fanny pack would bounce when running, wouldn't it? Is this what you use?

If you are going to use a fanny pack, I'm sure you could find a small one that is designed to only hold your I.D. and music player. Get a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holster (the one that looks like suede and has a sweat shield) to carry your LCP in the fanny pack. If you wear the pack tight, it shouldn't bounce very much.

You could also turn the fanny pack to your strong side so if it does bounce around, it isn't always hitting you in the junk.

ETA: you could try something like THIS ONE.

or THIS ONE

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I used to run 5-7 miles per every other day; however, with an ever growing family, my free time isn't what it once was.

When I was running, I carried a LCP in a modified Desantis Nemesis holster where I had a friend install a retention strap across the grip which button snapped to the other side of the holster. If I would slip and fall when running, the firearm would stay in place in the holster.

When I would carry while running, I would just carry this in my hand as I ran.

On the days I wouldn't carry, I would carry Fox Lab mace instead.

You might want both hands free, and if this is the case, you'll have to find a different manner of carrying. One would think you could further modify a Desantis holster by sewing an elastic, adjustable arm band to the backside of it, and also install a retention strap like mine had installed.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've used a fannypack successfully when running/jogging in the past and it worked fine.
    I carried a Glock 27 or 29.
    Stuck my concealed carry permit in one of the side zipper pockets.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I used a fanny pack tonight for my 5 mile run. I tried various ways of positioning it. What I found for me what worked best was to put the LCP in the front pouch and slipping the flattened fanny pack on the inside of the jogging pants. This kept the pack from bouncing. It was practically invisible. The only thing I disliked was that when I finished running the gun had sweat on it. I had to immediately clean the sweat off and give it a good oiling. I'm going to have to line the pouch with plastic to prevent this in the future. Thanks, everyone.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Fanny pack is the only thing that has worked for me. +1 for rotating it around to the side. I was running outdoors about 3 AM awhile back, and saw what I'm about 90% sure was a cougar. Only saw it at a distance, but it was too big to be a house cat, and too feline to be a dog. Anyway, for the next few weeks, I a) altered my route and b) was accompanied by my friends Smith & Wesson. :smileak:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    you could always stop being scared and just run?
    there is also the option of buying a tred-mill and running inside of your house if you actually fear running outdoors. but, when picking what house i bought also cal the location and neighborhood. you may need to find a new home, or go join a gym. someone will watch over you.
    because if you're going to take the time to reach into our "gay boy pouch" chances are good i've already shot ya

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    there is also the option of buying a tred-mill and running inside of your house if you actually fear running outdoors. but, when picking what house i bought also cal the location and neighborhood. you may need to find a new home, or go join a gym. someone will watch over you.
    because if you're going to take the time to reach into our "gay boy pouch" chances are good i've already shot ya

I understand that you are just trying to be antagonistic. I don't go to Wal-Mart without a gun, so why should I run without one? I live in a very nice neighborhood, but crap happens everywhere. I own a treadmill (spelled correctly) which I run on when the weather is too bad to run outside. No need to join a gym, when the road and my treadmill are available. By the way, what is the definition of "cal"? Another typo?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My wonderful wife made this outstanding chest holster for me. It works great for when I'm at the office or out for a jog.

elasticholster3bz9.jpg

elasticholster2dy5.jpg

elasticholster1up8.jpg

As you can see, I don't jog a lot. :)

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Just out of curiousity, do you carry a handgun anywhere? Or are those who carry just scared?

Bad things happen to good people, every single day. Even in what you might consider safe places. That's why some folks choose to carry EVERYWHERE where they are legally permitted to do so.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Nice configuration, GGlass. I don't think it would work for my running, because the sweat factor. The LCP would rust in no time according to what I have read. That would be good for many other occasions though.

Top Bottom