• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    OK, that said this is Not a Paid Advertisement but a Strong Recommendation that you try Fogo de Chao in Indy. They just opened the Indy location in May but it was first rate. It's Not cheap but cheaper than St Elmo's, Ruth Christ, etc and I feel it is tastier. It's an all you can eat Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse and it is well worth the money. Reservations are not required but I highly recommend having one. If you forgo alcohol & dessert it is not expensive at all for the quality, quantity and ambiance of the restaurant.

Welcome to Fogo de Chão

After nearly being flooded out and w/o electric power for almost 24 hours, I treated myself and the wife to dinner there :thumbsup:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think Ruth's Crisp and St. Elmos are very over rated. I prefer Sullivan's on the north side (when someone else is paying) and Stone Creek Grill on the south. Might have to check this place out. Although, I've been trying to cut the eating out to turn that money into toys.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think Ruth's Crisp and St. Elmo's are very over rated. I prefer Sullivan's on the north side (when someone else is paying) and Stone Creek Grill on the south. Might have to check this place out. Although, I've been trying to cut the eating out to turn that money into toys.

I've heard that Sullivan's is very good but expensive. I've never eaten at the others mentioned but have heard from others about their menu and pricing. I have eaten at Morton's of Chicago (Dallas location) and much prefer Fogo.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think Ruth's Crisp and St. Elmos are very over rated. I prefer Sullivan's on the north side (when someone else is paying) and Stone Creek Grill on the south. Might have to check this place out. Although, I've been trying to cut the eating out to turn that money into toys.

I've only been to St. Elmo's once. I have to say it was a very nice evening out with my wife. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I don't know about it being overrated, though. It was certainly pricey, but they took good care of us, too.

Roof Chris, on the other hand, feels like they're nickel-and-diming you to death. The service was good. I enjoyed being referred to by name without having first introduced myself, and especially having it pronounced correctly. I thought that was a nice touch. But the food was merely good, not fantastic. At those prices, it should be at least great.

I'm going to have to check out this Fogo de Chao place. Sullivan's, too, from the sound of it.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I was in Vegas two weeks ago and experienced my first Brazilian BBQ. Man that is a lot of meat!

I dropped 150+ at the Brazilian place in Vegas and it IMO does not compare to Fogo. Was it Samba's (sp) ? There were 2 listed in Vegas but I didn't find the other one. I thought that the meat was tough and overcooked. Maybe, it was just an unusual bad day for them ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I dropped 150+ at the Brazilian place in Vegas and it IMO does not compare to Fogo. Was it Samba's (sp) ? There were 2 listed in Vegas but I didn't find the other one. I thought that the meat was tough and overcooked. Maybe, it was just an unusual bad day for them ;)

Gah! For that kind of money, I'd want my steak to be perfect!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I went to Pampas - Planet Hollywood. It was my birthday and my buddies took me for lunch. Did you go to dinner? $150 sounds outrageous for two people unless you were drinking.

The meat at Pampas was not over cooked :):

22zc3.jpg

Seat view :cool:

50981757ja9.jpg

Tour of the kitchen. That thing is full turning of meat!

26425227qt6.jpg

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My buddy went to Fogo de Chao its opening weekend. He is in love with that place. He told me that he felt like he was going to have a meat overdose.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I went to Pampas - Planet Hollywood. It was my birthday and my buddies took me for lunch. Did you go to dinner? $150 sounds outrageous for two people unless you were drinking.

The meat at Pampas was not over cooked :):

It was in a mall type setting on the strip, close to a huge Sushi Buffet. Dinner is higher, drinks, dessert, tip and then times 2. Where ever we were at, it wasn't the quality that I was accustomed to. The place was nice and the salad bar was great but the meat was just not right. ;)

Top Bottom