• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It is with a very heavy heart that I post this. I am the third-born of six children. Our family lost my sister Yvonne (the oldest) to cancer, back in 1987. My parents were devastated of course. A parent should never have to bury their children.

Dad, who was a two-time World Champion in International Rimfire Benchrest.... passed on in 1993. Mom survived until the Lord called her home, in 2005.

On Saturday Nov 10th, My older brother Ray, died suddenly of a massive heart attack. Ray had a large family.... eleven kids altogether, one Collin Ray, preceded him in death. It broke his heart, but he had a wife and 10 other children depending on him. They all live in a 100+ year old house in Walton, Indiana. Ray had always had health and life insurance thru his employer(s) over the years. When he retired in July, 2012.... he lost all that, and had not established another life insurance policy, before his untimely death. There are four or five of his children, still living at home. The youngest is 6 years old. Ray's youngest 9 children were/are all 'home-schooled'.... by his wife Joanna.

Warren McFarland Jr Obituary

Ray and his entire family were very active in their local church, Upper Deer Creek Church in Galveston, Indiana. He was a member of the Praise Team and co-led their music program for the various services. Pastor Joe, the church and the immediate family will of course help Ray's family out, as we can. But it is likely not enough right now, at least.

For those who love the Lord, and would like to help the family with any small donations.... I can assure you it will be warmly received and welcomed. The expenses of just the burial and all, are enormous for Joanna and her family who are in need at this heart-breaking time.

If the Lord moves you to help this family, small donations can be sent to Joanna K. McFarland, and either mailed to their church

c/o Upper Deer Creek Church
    5019 E 1400 South
    Galveston, Indiana 46932
    -or-
    c/o Lee McFarland
    4150 W 56th St
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46254.

Your prayers for the family are certainly appreciated. God bless. -Lee

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know about you, but my brother's always been there and I assume he always will be. I'm sure you're really experiencing a big loss--my prayers to you and his family.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    My condolences. I went to school with Ryan and graduated with Brad. They are both good men who always had great things to say about their dad.
    God bless.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Very sorry for your loss man. I lost an aunt this weekend. In the past 8 months I have lost a brother, uncle, aunt and my father.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    loosing a loved one is tough...god bless you and your family for your loss!
    The way I see it is...remember all the memories, even though they may be gone in life, the memories are what keep you smiling!

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thanks to all, for your kind expressions of support. It is appreciated.

My brother Ray was, in his younger years, a professional musician in a Chicago-area nostalgia '50's/60's rock band known as 'Remember When'. Later in life, he shared his love of music with his children and of course, his church.

He was a very accomplished guitarist and gifted songwriter. Many folks from the church had commented to me over the years, how "talented" Ray was, musically. And he was talented, but more than that.... he worked hard at it. Music was his 'first love' so to speak. He was a perfectionist at his guitar work.

Ray and his second son, Brad, had started building (from scratch) a full-size upright bass (cello?). I guess it's about three-quarters finished, after months of precise work. Ray loved to 'dabble' in woodworking, just for his love of it. I'll try to get and post a pic or two of "the bass".

I do know that my brother is eternally in a better place, and no longer recognizes pain or sorrow.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    My bro's unfinished bass project...

Raysbass1.jpg

Raysbass2.jpg

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Twelve days ago, I lost this brother Ray, older than me by two years.

Thanksgiving morning, my younger brother, Vernon, of Galveston, Indiana had a heart attack as well.... and was lifelined from St Joe's in Kokomo, to St Vincent's Heart Center here in Indy. Vern had one artery 100% blocked and two others near 75% blocked as indicated by the heart cath.

The surgeons installed 3-4 stints, and he is holding his own.... but not "out of the woods" yet. I spent my afternoon and evening with Vern and his family at the Heart Center.

My brother Vern, his wife Sandy, his children and actually our entire family could use the power of prayers from the good folks here at INGO. I truly appreciate the kind messages I have received from all here at INGO, concerning the untimely death of my bro, Ray. It means alot to me.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom