• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Alright, here's where to get it going. I am ready and willing to school y'all on some good ol' Hoosier chili. I'll get things started by agreeing to help in any way I can (depending on location). I suggest we start with some rules. In light of all the various ideas of what chili is, let's make rule number 1 ANYTHING GOES and we can possibly work out categories from there. Let's get this thing rockin'.

It would really be fun if we made it a turkey shoot event or at least find a venue where we can do SOME shooting also......We need time/dates, venue, participants, etc....Preferably the venue will include electricity unless we make it a "prepare it at home, bring it out" event. We should also consider entry fees and or prizes? Here is a link to the thread that started it all.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/242519-who_makes_the_best_chili-10.html

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am thinking "prepare it at home bring it out" would be easier. Of course, we might still need electricity if people are using crockpots..
    Besides, chili is better after at least a day, right? :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I shall not subject myself to the all but guaranteed barrage of insults due to my preference for including legumes in my chili.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am thinking "prepare it at home bring it out" would be easier. Of course, we might still need electricity if people are using crockpots..
    Besides, chili is better after at least a day, right? :)
    This ^^^^

Agreed. Anyone else have any input, ideas, etc or are you all just talk?:dunno:

Besides, if we need power, I imagine someone can come up with a portable gen set and we could all pitch in for gas.

I got my butane single burner stove that I use to reheat my chili for tailgating that I would use to heat mine.

My attendance depends on when we do it, IU has football games the next two weekends (Nov 3rd and 10th), so if on those days, it's a no go for me.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I shall not subject myself to the all but guaranteed barrage of insults due to my preference for including legumes in my chili.
    Okay then, the categories are now forming. Bean vs no bean, pasta vs no pasta, beef vs venison, ground vs shredded, and no holds barred. Enter as many different categories as you like.....one pot per participant....

Thoughts?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Okay then, the categories are now forming. Bean vs no bean, pasta vs no pasta, beef vs venison, ground vs shredded, and no holds barred. Enter as many different categories as you like.....one pot per participant....

Thoughts?

How about just one category.....

Chili, plain ole any way you make it chili.

This category :poop: is senseless.

This way it's a no brainer, this should be an event that we can get together, spread some BS, have a good time and enjoy some good eats.

Everyone who attends gets a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place card to drop in a a coffee can or something in front of what they have determined as their top three choices and points are awarded as follows...

3 points for a 1st place vote.
    2 points for a 2nd place vote.
    1 point for a 3rd place vote.

The prize will be bragging rights as best INGO chili.

Simple, to the point and easy, besides I could care less if I win (I make my chili to suit me not others), I'd be there to meet more of INGO's fine members.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy

This way it's a no brainer, this should be an event that we can get together, spread some BS, have a good time and enjoy some good eats.

Everyone who attends gets a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place card to drop in a a coffee can or something in front of what they have determined as their top three choices and points are awarded as follows...

1 point for a 3rd place vote

Simple, to the point and easy, besides I could care less if I win (I make my chili to suit me not others), I'd be there to meet more of INGO's fine members.

Well said my friend

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN

1 point for a 3rd place vote.

+1. Doubt there'd be many entries in a venison w/ pasta category anyways :): Run what ya brung!

If it's something nearby on a day I can make, then I'd be interested in showing up and meeting folk. I use a store mix when I make chili, so I don't know that it'd be worth entering...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    +1. Doubt there'd be many entries in a venison w/ pasta category anyways :): Run what ya brung!

If it's something nearby on a day I can make, then I'd be interested in showing up and meeting folk. I use a store mix when I make chili, so I don't know that it'd be worth entering...

Is the mix all you use in it, or do you had more spice of your own and just use the mix as a base?

Top Bottom