• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well, the time has come and people are asking me what I want for my birthday. I'm wanting a new pair of boots. In the past I've gone to the huge store down south off of 65, I wanna say it's in the Seymour area. I'm not totally sure though, I just always get off when I see the sign. Are there any good places in Indy that you would recommend for some cowboy style boots? I like the more casual rounded off toe. I wouldn't be opposed to ordering some online if you have a good recommendation for that too.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I dont know how far away you are but Ward's in Mooresville has a good selection.

I bought a tan pair of Ariat round toes there, and they are also a Redwing dealer.

Rual King in Martinsville also has a good stock.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I don't know if you ever make it to the Bloomington/Bedford area, but there is small store called Smith's Western Wear that isn't too far off of highway 37. They have cowboy boots, work boots, and a nice selection of Carhartt clothes. I've made several purchases there.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have a pair of cowboy boots made by Rocky with the round toe with rugged soles. There about three years old and have worn well. You can get them at Gander Mountain for $169.00.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ward's in Mooresville has a selection. My recommendation would be to drive a little further and go to Cowpokes in Anderson. They have a huge selection and knowledgeable staff to help you. I don't know of anything actually in Indy though.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Well, the time has come and people are asking me what I want for my birthday. I'm wanting a new pair of boots. In the past I've gone to the huge store down south off of 65, I wanna say it's in the Seymour area. I'm not totally sure though, I just always get off when I see the sign. Are there any good places in Indy that you would recommend for some cowboy style boots? I like the more casual rounded off toe. I wouldn't be opposed to ordering some online if you have a good recommendation for that too.

The store you're referring to is Discount Boots and Tack on SR 11 just outside of Seymour. I've bought four pair (two for me, two for Sockmonkey) there and we love them.

Can't beat the fact that they charge $45, $65, or $110 depending on the pair you buy. I wear mine every day.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Thanks for some of the pointers folks! Probably hit up at least Ward's before heading south to my usual Discount Boots. I'm just kinda leary of going the online route because I'm always finding myself in different size shoes.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Milroy Shoes. It's about 8 miles north of Greensburg on HWY 3. It's an Amish place so no Sunday sales. The selection is great; Justin, Rocky, Wolverine, H&H, etc.. and the prices are as good as you will find anywhere.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here is where I buy my boots: Military, Combat, Tactical, Uniform, Hiking Boots | Altama.com

Not the cheapest. Not the most expensive. Affordable quality boots, IMO.

I love mine and they are on sale for $85.00 which is a very good price.

3554.jpg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well, thanks to all those that gave suggestions. I ended up at Rural King in Martinsville and I'm glad I made the trip. I got a GREAT pair of boots, for what I feel was a really fair price. I love them and can't stop thanking MrsGBuck for the birthday present. :D

Here they are.

P72086202.jpg

Top Bottom