• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    No no no no no no no HECK NO! That is so wrong that there aren't words to describe how wrong that is. And I am a smoker!

ETA: 19 y.o., 2 years into my enlistment.

Last edited:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with it being wrong. But also in my view, different culture, different morals, different laws. Cigarettes are considered a treat in many areas, especially poverty stricken areas. I remember doing a report in a sociology class about how certain areas people will pay a whole weeks wage for 1 pack of smokes. I still think having a kid smoke that young is wrong.

Started smoking at age of 13, 11 year smoker now. Working on quitting due to new $1+ tax that is coming up.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I was 12 when I started. Three decades of it, and almost 2 packs a day until December. Neither Cathy nor I have had one in a month and a half. Strangely, don't miss it now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That father would be seeing my Steel toe coming back down to the ground after he's doubled over with a squeaky voice! SCREW THAT!

I started at 13 and i'm 27 regretting ever starting. At least I've learned to save money by rolling my own.... Only save $150 a month....

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I started smoking when I was 13 and quit when I was 33. Going on 2 years now with out a smoke. I don't miss it one bit!

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Started at 20 in the service, quite at 32, that was 19 years ago. As a reformed smoker, I am a smokers worst nightmare. Can't stand to be around one or in a restaurant that allows smokers.

Scott

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    not a smoker and dont care to start.

It was one thing before it was known to be bad for you. Questionable when it was possible that it caused cancer. Now the freakin pack says Smoking causes cancer. In the UK their packs have a skull and crossbones that says smoking kills.

If you have ever seen someone with throat/lung cancer you wont want to smoke anymore.

As for those that still smoke, it's your choice, but I wont feel to bad for you if you get cancer.

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    If you have ever seen someone with throat/lung cancer you wont want to smoke anymore.

Exactly why I quit when I did. It was the day my mother dies of cancer. She was a two pack a day person from her teenage days. She was 55 when she died. I'll never forget the pathetic way she looked with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and an oxygen cannula stuck in her nose.

Scott

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Exactly why I quit when I did. It was the day my mother dies of cancer. She was a two pack a day person from her teenage days. She was 55 when she died. I'll never forget the pathetic way she looked with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and an oxygen canula stuck in her nose.

Scott

Good way to catch youself on fire there.

It drives me nuts when people are ready to punch nurses at the hospital because they want a cigarette. I just think "this is addiction."

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I was eating lunch a few months ago at Arby's when these two ladies came through the drive thru line. Both of them were on oxygen in the car... and guess what? They were both smoking! I was waiting for the car to blow.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Good way to catch youself on fire there.

Actually it isn't the flow rate for the oxygen that most people run around with is so low that it really isn't a danger. For the most part it is just to make the person SHTFU, and feel like the doctor is doing something. We are talking about <.5 lpm flow, vs 5lpm on a NC if you are on a truck or in the hospital, and 15-20 lpm through a mask. I smoked on and off from 12-16 and then smoked a pack a day from 17 on. I know it isn't good for me, however most of the information out there is complete BS. Do some real research and you will figure it out. The AHA and the ACS have to continuously reformat their tests to get the numbers they want. I can't run as long because I smoke, so I train harder. Big deal, I wan't to smoke. It is my life and my health. I don't bitch about it, and those that do get no sympathy. However the only thing worse than a smoker is an ex smoker, I have never seen anyone packed with more guilt and self rightious ferver in my life.

As far as this video goes; First off the kid isn't even inhailing the smoke. Second it isn't your kid, nor your culture. Get over it. Not your kid, not your property, not your responsibility.

Top Bottom