• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I saw the article in the Cincinnati paper this morning. A company in Southern Minnesota has bought a dozen surplus tanks and opened a Tank Park. For $399 you can drive a tank through the complex and fire it's machine gun. For an extra $549, you can drive over a car. Come on, you know that you have wanted to do that when stuck on I465!!:D

I would like to check it out.

Drive a Tank | Tank Driving & Car Crush Adventure in Kasota Minnesota

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ive got to shoot up cars with machine guns, another great stress relief, and as jeremy said, we guys even paid me for it. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to shoot an AT4 at a car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Looks like you only get to drive SPA or APC. except the "car crusher" - the Chieftain would be neat!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ive got to shoot up cars with machine guns, another great stress relief, and as jeremy said, we guys even paid me for it. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to shoot an AT4 at a car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    AT4...

Dude if you are in a Tank you have a Main Gun...

Nothing like popping a BMW with a HE Main Gun Round... :rockwoot:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    AT4...

Dude if you are in a Tank you have a Main Gun...

Nothing like popping a BMW with a HE Main Gun Round... :rockwoot:
    Im still an MP, so if I am in a tank, its a BAD sign. on the other hand, I bet that would be pretty awesome to fire one off like that. I was going with the AT4, cause I had the chance to use one, but was busy with firing back to remember that we had one to use. Didnt get that lucky again

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    I had the opportunity to drive an M113 APC last week. What a kick! I'd been jonesing for a 4 wheeler, but now I think I need one of those for hualing out deer!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had the opportunity to drive an M113 APC last week. What a kick! I'd been jonesing for a 4 wheeler, but now I think I need one of those for hualing out deer!

Well, gas will be a bit more, but you know you will never have much a problem getting stuck in APC (although, i have seen them stuck in the mud, haha)

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Well, gas will be a bit more, but you know you will never have much a problem getting stuck in APC (although, i have seen them stuck in the mud, haha)

When we took off, my copilot (who supposedly knew what he was doing) forgot to close the rear hatch (the whole drawbridge-style thing, not just the little door). We'd made it about a mile and a half thru the woods & mud before we were flagged down. It was so covered in mud it wouldn't even close, but even with it dragging, we had no issue with lack of torque!

My Jay Leno had his Tank Car built, my boss was involved in the powertrain integration and was invited out to California when Jay drag raced the M1 for pink slips. I know he got to ride in both, don't remember if he got to drive them or not...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    When we took off, my copilot (who supposedly knew what he was doing) forgot to close the rear hatch (the whole drawbridge-style thing, not just the little door). We'd made it about a mile and a half thru the woods & mud before we were flagged down. It was so covered in mud it wouldn't even close, but even with it dragging, we had no issue with lack of torque!

My Jay Leno had his Tank Car built, my boss was involved in the powertrain integration and was invited out to California when Jay drag raced the M1 for pink slips. I know he got to ride in both, don't remember if he got to drive them or not...

Oh, im sure it doesnt lack the engine power, although I have heard just about every vehicle getting stuck. Mostly cause they stopped instead of hitting the gas.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know maintenance on those machines is expensive and labor intensive - especially when you can't just run down to AutoZone and buy parts.

And I know that they're running a business...

But those prices seem rather salty to me! More power to 'em, though.

(on that note, my mom's been promised a ride/drive in one of the Ropkey Armor Museum's itty bitty tanks)

Top Bottom