• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Well the other half is now the proud owner of an Ariens Platinum 24 2-stage snow blower
    402x302_Platinum_30_01_Final.png

and there goes my reloading savings! :(

So mother nature. You best make it snow and ton!!!
    Perhaps next winter I can finally get my reloading equipment. Or I might just break down and spend under $75 for a whack-a-kit (ie. Classic reloading kit)

leeloader.jpg

But then again it won't be want I really want.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfeTPZeOMQ[/ame]

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

Well the other half is now the proud owner of an Ariens Platinum 24 2-stage snow blower

Perhaps next winter I can finally get my reloading equipment. Or I might just break down and spend under $75 for a whack-a-kit (ie. Classic reloading kit)

leeloader.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfeTPZeOMQ

And if, because of that statement....it does snow A LOT....I'm giving you directions to MY house and you (not her, YOU made the statement!) can come plow my driveway, walkway to the front door, and side walks from either side of our property that the kids have to walk on to get to the bus stop on their way to school!

To quote a saying I learned from a very nice man on a different post "Cheese and Rice!", you guys are really getting down and dirty this month! What around those poor souls of us who don't have one of those? Are you going to do the right INGO thing, and come and help out your poor less fortunate neighbors who don't have one of those "fancy schmancy thingamabobs"?

7th Stepper

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville

leeloader.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfeTPZeOMQ
    I'm with ya! I just picked up a Poulan 30" 2-stage 10.5 horse I'm dying to use. C'mon white stuff!!!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, if you were stranded in the house unable to get out, you'd need to have something to do... like... reloading or something. I make my son run the snowblower.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Don't forget to tell your better half to spray lubricant on all parts that engage the snow.

I use STP silicon spray but have read that Pam and WD40 work also.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Someone will like that machine! Did you guys get the heated hand grips?
    This is the one we got:
    ariens_921015_500X500.JPG

We also have the heated handgrips and the cab.
    LOVE THE MACHINE!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You should've just converted your dishwasher into a snow blower. It would have been much cheaper. What's a snow shovel cost these days, $20?

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Wish I had gotten a two stage. I paid as much as a 2-stage cost for the best and biggest single stage (read: not self propelled) blower I could fine. I needed one that I could load and unload into the truck by myself in order to take it to my grandmother's, my aunt's and my mother in law's during really big storms.

Shortly after that my aunt got re-married and moved, my grandmother moved into a nursing home, and my MIL moved into an apartment, then the truck broke down and wasn't worth fixing, had to trade it in for a Vibe so I could afford the gas. So I have a $700 single stage with electric start that I can't sell because for $700 you can by a good 2-stage blower.

It is still 100% better then a shovel, but it doesn't have heated grips :-)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And if, because of that statement....it does snow A LOT....I'm giving you directions to MY house and you (not her, YOU made the statement!) can come plow my driveway, walkway to the front door, and side walks from either side of our property that the kids have to walk on to get to the bus stop on their way to school!

To quote a saying I learned from a very nice man on a different post "Cheese and Rice!", you guys are really getting down and dirty this month! What around those poor souls of us who don't have one of those? Are you going to do the right INGO thing, and come and help out your poor less fortunate neighbors who don't have one of those "fancy schmancy thingamabobs"?

7th Stepper

Sure.. Cost is $20 + gas [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, transportation [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, enivornmental [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, noise pollution [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, obamacare [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, gunwalker fast and furious Part 3 planning [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, obama campaign [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, a [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee on the [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fees, government going green initative paperless billing [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee, INGO [STRIKE]tax[/STRIKE] fee. Almost forgot the new xmass tree fee. =P

Reloading stuff would have been more fun:(

Agree. :(

Yeah, if you were stranded in the house unable to get out, you'd need to have something to do... like... reloading or something. I make my son run the snowblower.

My son is only 4 so not yet. However he is good at cleaning the gun parts and getting cleaning supplies for pops! :rockwoot:

Someone will like that machine! Did you guys get the heated hand grips?
    This is the one we got:
    ariens_921015_500X500.JPG

We also have the heated handgrips and the cab.
    LOVE THE MACHINE!

Yes on the heated grips in comes standard on the premium and above models. We did see that best but for where we leave that is "too much" of a machine since it's all sidewalks, & flat driveways. Now if you can find a way to automated (.ie radio control or even straight up robo program) that threaded machine but you would see me :spend: for one. :D

Did not get the cab or the salt box for the rear. Those were a little pricey at the dealer and I'm sure I can find those online for a bit less. I got the machine from the local dealer as oppose to the box box store (Home Depot) as they were much nicer answering question, getting it ready for me, showing the other half how to use, starting it up, checking and adding all the fluids and loading it into the van. small shops = better customer service than the big box stores that are all about volume.

You should've just converted your dishwasher into a snow blower. It would have been much cheaper. What's a snow shovel cost these days, $20?

He said it was for his for his wife, so he did.:) (I can say that since mine doesn't read ingo)

True. Last year we did the shovel thing like always and used my dad's single stage blower (it sux!) and after recovering from 3 days of back pain I told myself I'm getting too old for this cr--- and have no desire to do it again. Work smarter not harder.

Should have hid your stash better. You COULD go out and use it to make enough money to buy the reloading equipment.

That is what I'm thinking. Perhaps going around the neighbor and offering my service. We have a lot of older couples in the area.

So some on SNOW!!!!!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've only got aprox 400 feet of driveway with 3 car parking at the end to clear, and although I live right outside 465, theres 80+ acres of fields across the street and not much to the west to stop drifting :(

We to got ours from a dealer instead of Home Depot. :)

You will notice or she will notice how easy it is to start without the electric start. One pull and it is running.

Top Bottom