• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    So when I went to work on the range this morning gas in Northern Indiana was $3.88 a gallon. When I came home it is $4.17 so I look up the oil and wholesale gas prices and each went down today. So what happened. Did someone fart in a refinery somewhere and they are afraid an explosion might take place? We are so getting screwed!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    ....because they can....and there is nothing we can do about it. A tax....

We have plenty of our own oil, but we can not get at it. Another Tax

Folks its brewing already....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Greed, because the can.

I believe the oil companies will be releasing their 1st quarter profits either tomorrow or within the next couple of days. They should be as mind numbing as the federal deficit!

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    ......because they can. everyone knows the world runs on oil. its why we are in 2 wars and a skirmish. its why we are 12 trillion in the red.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    It's still $3.89 at the Speedway at County Line and 31.

I think it's in response to OPEC cutting back production because of the Usurper. Also, his moratorium on deep-water drilling in the gulf isn't helping matters.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I heard the reason for the recent price rise is "Asian demand". I doubt the demand would cause such a fast and steep price rise.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Funny thing is this morning on WXIN59, 1011 for me, they said "good news, there are reports that gas prices have peaked, and will be going down"

then the VERY NEXT REPORT some lady was saying "looks like oil futures could be driving up gas prices"

Foolish me wanted to believe the first one.

I told the wife, once it breaks 4, it won't be long till it's near 5. They hold off before breaking the next whole dollar, but when they do, they go big.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I had an old beater ford truck that the ac quit working on. We were headed to town and after about the tenth time my wife complained how hot it was, I told her to keep complaining. Each time she does it, the temperature drops 5 degrees.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Its all about futures. OPEC thinks they can predict the future so they raise the cost of a barrel to prepare for what bad thing they think is next to come. It also has a lot to do with the cost of drilling and the cost of finding new sites to drill that are going to produce more oil.

Why is gas on one side of the county consistently $.20 cheaper than the other side? This is what I always question.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Its all about futures. OPEC thinks they can predict the future so they raise the cost of a barrel to prepare for what bad thing they think is next to come. It also has a lot to do with the cost of drilling and the cost of finding new sites to drill that are going to produce more oil.

Why is gas on one side of the county consistently $.20 cheaper than the other side? This is what I always question.
    Some of that price difference is state taxes, Tennessee is always cheaper than Kentucky and Kentucky is always cheaper than Indiana

Top Bottom