• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive searched through INGO looking for some good reasurant ideas for me and the wife. We will be in town on Feb. 12 with out the kids!!!! :rockwoot:

Anyway, Ive found some good info in a couple of threads here and Im just wanting to get some updated info on good places to eat.

We are starting out in the afternoon at Fast Times with some friends, and then eventually making our way back to Greensburg where her Mom is watching our kids for the evening. So anything from the north end to the south end is fair game.

Im leaning towards Fogo or Palomino. Ive also looked at The Milano Inn and a few other places that have been recommended.

Any other places I really need to look into?? She is not much into eastern foods (ie Thia, Chinese, sushi, etc), but loves steak houses and Italian type places.

thanks,
    clay

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Greek Islands, Shapiro's, the RAM, St. Elmo's, Palomino's, PF Chang, Ruth's Chris, The Old Spaghetti Factory, the list goes on.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The Eagles Nest is great food and an experience that you should try at least once. the restaurant is on top of the Hyatt and rotates 360 degrees while you eat. it spins slow so you dont get sick. it offers a nice view of the city and is fine dinning.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Marco's on the east side of Broadripple (2380 E 54th st.) was recommended to be as a great Italian restaurant. It did not disappoint. Seating was a little cramped, prices were to be expected for upscale Italian.

Palomino downtown, I would also recommend. Great service (and I don't say that very much) and a great value. Can't go wrong.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Also, check out the half priced gift certificate (coupon whatever) websites to see if one of your choices has a deal going.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would suggest Mesh on Massachusetts avenue. Mesh is new (where Scholars in used to be) but is a local chain including Charbono's in Avon, one of the best kept secrets in restaurants. Their food is good and varied. Mass ave is the arts and theater district and has a few great places to sit and have a drink, like McNivens, an authentic Scottish bar (with a good selection of single malt scotches), or the Mass Ave Wine Shoppe where you can sit with friends and share a bottle of wine if that is what you like. There are also some shops along the way you can walk to.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    FOGOS like the other guys said . good wines . and desserts to nock her socks off. service has to be seen to be believed. you told him right 4sage.!

Top Bottom