• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would like time out my day to remember the many people who lost their lives and the families that are deeply impacted by the tragic event of Sept 11, 2001. You are gone but never forgotten.
    My prayers go out to you and your families.

I would also like to thank the soldiers that have lost their lives, and their families for ensuring that those who commited this act do not go unpunished.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!:patriot:

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Amen! Thank you to all law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMS, military, and anyone else who is just awesome and proud to be an American! We truly do live in the greatest country in the world.

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    I believe so, nationwide. My work is closed tomorrow but they're leaving the flags out, with lights for at night, all weekend. In fact I think I'll be putting my flag holder back on the side of the garage even those we're painting just to honor those fallen.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't know anyone who was involved in the attacks or even anywhere near New York when they happened. I don't know anyone who lost a loved one in the attacks.

I do have a friend who was born on September 11, and whose birthday royally sucks from now on because instead of getting to indulge himself on his birthday like the rest of us can, he's got to be all somber and reflective in remembrance of a day that used to be his to enjoy.

I have another friend whose first and only child was born -- in Oklahoma City -- the day of the Oklahoma City bombing, and who has had to mix celebration of his son's birth with remembrances of a deed that coincidentally happened on what should have been the most joyous of days.

As I said, I don't know anyone who lost anyone in either event, so it's just not that personal to me -- chalk it up to the Asperger's, if that helps explain it. What is personal is that two guys I know should be able to celebrate on those days, but can't. So I try to help out with that in any way I can.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I may see if I can do the same as me and a friend did last year I believe it was. We took one of my American flags, and my Navy Jack flag on poles and flew them on an overpass where St Rd 332 croses over I-69. I also had a sign duct taped to the side of the overpass reminding people. And while there a st trooper showed up saying there had been calls of a MWG up on the bridge cause I was OC'ing:):

He checked me out and of course everything cleared. Then he thanked us for what we were doing and told me he had just gotten out of the Army not too long ago and was sent to Afghanistan right after that had happened. So he really appreciated the support we were showing.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't personally know anyone who was involved in that horrible event, but I can honestly say that I have probably thought of it, and re-played the images of it, every day since then. I will fly my flag at half staff in memory of those who died in that cowardly attack.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    The thing that gets to me is watching the videos of the firefighters that day. The looks on their faces as they're walking towards the towers. Then all of the PASS devices going off. A lot of people think those are car alarms going off, but their the alarms on a firefighter that isn't moving anymore.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'll be on a flight all day to Japan, but will be thinking of what the day means to our country, the world, and especially the families of those killed in the attacks.

Every Sept 11th since that day I've replaced my flag that I fly on the front of our house. I've had one flying continously since then, and will continue to fly it. I picked up a new one today on the way home from work, and hung it tonight.

:patriot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Half Staff Nationwide from sunrise to sunset.

I fly the flag everyday. 300 watts of light on her at night.
    I do not/did not know anyone personally involved of 9/11, but I have been to DC since, I have been to where flight 93 impacted the earth (i refuse to call it a crash), and I have been to ground zero after the attacks. Both ground zero and flight 93 have this feeling in the air that i can not describe. All i can say is anyone that knows what happened and who cares about the human population in general will know what i am talking about.

Anyways, I would like to say thanks to all Military people current or retired or worse. Without them... I dont want to think of what it would be like.

"Let's Roll"

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    Words don't seem to descibe the awfullness of that day for those who lived it and were affected by it on a more personal level. I can recount the images of that day and the courage of the first responders going in to what was an unknown for them.

My hope and prayer is that no one forgets that day in our history,nor the meaning of the attacks and most of all the ones who did it.

:patriot: :patriot:

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    Half Staff Nationwide from sunrise to sunset.

I fly the flag everyday. 300 watts of light on her at night.
    I do not/did not know anyone personally involved of 9/11, but I have been to DC since, I have been to where flight 93 impacted the earth (i refuse to call it a crash), and I have been to ground zero after the attacks. Both ground zero and flight 93 have this feeling in the air that i can not describe. All i can say is anyone that knows what happened and who cares about the human population in general will know what i am talking about.

Anyways, I would like to say thanks to all Military people current or retired or worse. Without them... I dont want to think of what it would be like.

"Let's Roll"

You know I have always said I will never visit New York because there's nothing there that interests me. After 9/11 that thought changed and I would love to go to ground zero and pay my respects.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    You know I have always said I will never visit New York because there's nothing there that interests me. After 9/11 that thought changed and I would love to go to ground zero and pay my respects.

I have pictures from down in ground zero and from street level. there is a subway station they have reopened and you can walk into it from the street that ran one way (north) of the towers. when you get down so far you can look up and see concrete slab floors above. there are holes and cracks in there that can not be poured like that with bent and twisted re-enforcing bars sticking out a little. can only wonder what and how much hit and what was laying where i was standing.

NYC is a def must see if for nothing more then to see the site of Ground Zero. I must add that the fountain center peice of the large globe like peice is now in Battery Park (all the dirt/landfill stuff taken from the site of the towers when they dug for the foundation) with an eternal flame burning. That is also a must see because of the dents and dings and scars it has and to still be in pretty damned good shape. (also the really thick metal plate it sits on is all twisted to heck and back).
    statue.jpg
    g0.jpg

(flight 93)
    f93b.jpg
    f93a.jpg
    f93.jpg

:patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom