• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Been battling psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis of both my hands and feet for a few years now and just took my first round of Humira today. Anyone have any personal or second-hand experience with it?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm happy you have insurance that will pay for it. That crap is expensive.

Yes. The original plan was for Cosentyx, but insurance denied it. My copay for Humira is $5 a month with the copay assistance program, instead of $150 a month with just my insurance.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    I've been taking it for almost two years now for Crohns. It's doing what I need it to, but as the doctor put it, it's like using a sledgehammer to smash a fly. Always seem to feel not quite 100%, lately it's some kind of sinus infection that won't go away. The discount card and insurance cover the cost very well in my case. Overall it works, but if it wasn't so cheap (for me) I'd look into more specialized alternatives.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's a tradeoff, of course. When the psoriasis was just on my hands, it was annoying but I could deal with it. The onset of the psoriatic arthritis in my finger and toe joints was troubling since I spend about 80% of my waking hours either typing or crocheting. I can see the joint damage already. But the most recent development of cracking and sores on my feet is the most serious threat since I'm diabetic. I decided that I would try it. If I don't see a significant change, then it will not be worth it and I'll stop it.

Top Bottom