How long before Angie's list shuts down.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    They in some kind of financial bind that they didn't divulge when they were declaring they were not going to expand their Indy HQ because of IRFRA?

Six months or so ago, they were talking about bankruptcy, and layed off 400-700 workers.....

Then they started talking about getting money, from Indy, and hiring, and expanding :dunno:.....

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I read somewhere that Amazon plans on creating a user review type website. Between the BBB, Yelp, various forums, etc., trying to get people to pay for reviews, which some claim are edited or outright deleted if the company pays ANGI for advertising, is a failed business model. Right now the stock price is $5.66/share. There are $5 put options selling for around $100 per contract with an expiration of Jan. 15th, 2016. If the company fails by the end of the year by filing for bankruptcy, those contacts would be worth about $500 per contract ($5/share for 100 shares).

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Six months or so ago, they were talking about bankruptcy, and layed off 400-700 workers.....

Then they started talking about getting money, from Indy, and hiring, and expanding :dunno:.....

That's what I thought as well. Then when I heard they were expanding I was confused. Maybe they are trying to get their price up....:dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If they insist on pissing off people by deliberately jabbing their thumb in their eyes, good riddance to bad rubbish.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Frankly I am shocked they are as successful as they are. I was wrong 10y ago and still am.

Their success lies in how it is presented to the share holders. I did a little research on them for an ethics class and the two year prediction sounds rather optimistic to me. Of course what do I know, I'm just an insecure heterosexual male clinging to my guns and my religion!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    They've changed their business model to allow advertising, and businesses to push their way to the top of the list...
    it will last as long as there are businesses willing to do so... like the yellow pages

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Long time. They are still printing phone books and they have been out of style for 15 years.

Top Bottom