• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If only we could get to the point of like Starship Troopers where we all can be adults and shower together without someone complaining. Grow up people its not like you haven't seen someone elses parts before. The showers and stalls can or have doors for a reason.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the point where the CEO of Planet Fitness decided his facilities would be inclusive, put those principles in the membership rules and regulations, and this woman accepted them by signing on the dotted line for her own membership.

Newsflash, if you don't like the rules and regs of membership in an org, DON'T JOIN THAT ORG!

If the trans-woman was waving her junk around at people, then I would expect that to be grounds for having her membership revoked. I'm with the good Corporal here. We're all adults. Try behaving as such. If an obviously male-bodied person joined me in the locker room, I'd be more than a little wary, until the person made their intentions known, but that's just because we don't yet live in a world like Starship Troopers, where co-ed locker rooms are normal and thus expected. It's an expectation fulfillment kind of thing. Swinging cod in the women's lockers is not an expectation that one has, nor would be pendulous breasts in the men's lockers. Unless it's Rhino. If it becomes the norm, those scenes would no longer be unexpected.

That being said, I do view it as incumbent on the trans community to make some attempt to meet a certain degree of expectation as to gender presentation, if they're going someplace they know they will have to strip down, but that's just me.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have a 13 year old daughter, I do not want some who simply says he identifies as a woman in a locker room with her.
    As for the policy the woman signed, it did not say anything about men being able to freely use the woman's lockernel room.

I worry about a society and people that have no issue with a man sharing a locker room with a woman, just because they are adults in this case does not mean that will hold true next time. Just because they have seen somebody of the opposite nude before does not mean they want everyone to see them nude. My wife sees me but Im not going to walk down the road nude.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    At the point where the CEO of Planet Fitness decided his facilities would be inclusive, put those principles in the membership rules and regulations, and this woman accepted them by signing on the dotted line for her own membership.

Newsflash, if you don't like the rules and regs of membership in an org, DON'T JOIN THAT ORG!

If the trans-woman was waving her junk around at people, then I would expect that to be grounds for having her membership revoked. I'm with the good Corporal here. We're all adults. Try behaving as such. If an obviously male-bodied person joined me in the locker room, I'd be more than a little wary, until the person made their intentions known, but that's just because we don't yet live in a world like Starship Troopers, where co-ed locker rooms are normal and thus expected. It's an expectation fulfillment kind of thing. Swinging cod in the women's lockers is not an expectation that one has, nor would be pendulous breasts in the men's lockers. Unless it's Rhino. If it becomes the norm, those scenes would no longer be unexpected.

That being said, I do view it as incumbent on the trans community to make some attempt to meet a certain degree of expectation as to gender presentation, if they're going someplace they know they will have to strip down, but that's just me.

So if a man says he is gay you have no issue undressing in front of him?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife sees me but Im not going to walk down the road nude.
    Try it.You might like it.

So if a man says he is gay you have no issue undressing in front of him?
    Depending on context, no, I wouldn't. The real question would be, would he want to be present while I undress? The answer to that question should be no for any sane human being, regardless of sexual orientation. I also find it interesting that you didn't leap to the male-lesbian angle. If there's no problem with sexual harassment in the locker room from female lesbians, then why should there be from trans-lesbians?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    You don't know who is lesbian and who is not, it would be hard to identify in a locker room.
    I do know if one of my daughters came out of a locker room and told me there was a man in there changing I would soon be getting assault charges. A gym membership would be the least of anyone's worries.

I might like it but the neighbors wouldn't.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's take a look elsewhere, other than Glenn Beck.
    Planet Fitness Cancels Woman's Membership over Transgender Complaint : People.com

The gym got wind of her activities and called her to ask her to stop telling people about the incident. She refused and in turn Planet Fitness canceled her membership for violating its "no judgement" policy.

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members," gym spokeswoman McCall Gosselin told PEOPLE in a statement. "Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

"The manner in which this member expressed her concerns about the policy exhibited behavior that management at the Midland club deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was canceled."

Their house, their rules. Don't like 'em? Go somewhere else.
    The woman was informed of their policy and they asked her to stop her nattering, as it was against their company policy. She refused to do it and her membership was revoked. I see no issues here. I've been to gyms and been in the locker rooms with gay males and never have felt uncomfortable or threatened. Can't see as being in a locker room with a trans person would make me (or my wife) uncomfortable. Also, as I read in another article on this, there are private changing stalls and showers in the locker room. The toilets all have locking doors on them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You don't know who is lesbian and who is not, it would be hard to identify in a locker room.
    I do know if one of my daughters came out of a locker room and told me there was a man in there changing I would soon be getting assault charges. A gym membership would be the least of anyone's worries.

I might like it but the neighbors wouldn't.
    You also don't know who's gay or not. In boot camp at least for the Marine corps you all shower at the same time. You don't know who could be checking you out. If I was in a locker room changing and some woman came in and started undressing I would continue about my business as long as she wasn't trying to come up to me and started sexually harassing me. Vice versa if there was a general locker room and I went in and saw a woman changing I would go to my locker and do as i was doing. Yes normal adults will probably glance at each other but it shouldn't go further than that. Unfortunately we may have kids who go to a gym and use the rooms which would constitute child pron or some other underage crime. You would probably have to have a private spot for people to change without being noticed by others who have other parts and for those who are under 18 if we are heading to a unisex locker room/ bathroom. I don't see how in this day since we're dealing with trans people using the other locker room this would constitute assault. As long as that person isn't harassing your kids and is instead going about their business like normal people no crime was committed. I assume your talking about your kids at school.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you're so inclined...pray for our country. The moral-relativism-nonjudgementalism-inclusivism dictates this sort of crap must advance and become more and more pervasive. Just as when Cheaper Than Dirt pissed you off and you decided not to spend your money with them anymore, you should speak that same language to companies that foster this sorry state of affairs. Only when people decide they're not going to support this stuff anymore will it abate.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's hard to tell who's gay and whose straight anywhere, locker room or not. The male-bodied person in the women's locker room at Planet Fitness was probably a heterosexual transsexual. They were just as much a devotee of the phallus as is any straight female. They're just not overly fond of their own.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you're so inclined...pray for our country. The moral-relativism-nonjudgementalism-inclusivism dictates this sort of crap must advance and become more and more pervasive. Just as when Cheaper Than Dirt pissed you off and you decided not to spend your money with them anymore, you should speak that same language to companies that foster this sorry state of affairs. Only when people decide they're not going to support this stuff anymore will it abate.

I agree. I keep seeing my liberal non christian friends posting on facebook what amounts to islamist excuses by saying things like "pretty much every religion and non religion have done bad things in the past so we all live in glass houses and shouldnt be judgemental.". Really? Because my great great grandfather shot a man in cold blood I cant cry foul when someone does the same today because someone in my family did the same? Please.

Sorry, that attitude of "glass houses" is a cop-out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How he views himself has no bearing on how other people view him. Planet fitness is blaming HER for being uncomfortable with a male in the female locker room. Just because you view yourself as one thing does not mean others do, and that's the rub here. The rest is private property and contractual stuff that means nothing in the ethics of it.

This is not a gay/straight debate. It's a lady not feeling comfortable with a guy in the women's locker room. You cannot force your morality on someone and get upset when theirs differs.

And I had much higher hopes for this thread when I clicked on it seeing as how it's the break room.

in Jamaica a female came in to clean the bathroom as I was using the urinal. Didn't bother them, seemed odd to me. Mainly because I still drop my pants to my ankles when I pee.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If only we could get to the point of like Starship Troopers where we all can be adults and shower together without someone complaining. Grow up people its not like you haven't seen someone elses parts before. The showers and stalls can or have doors for a reason.

You know, that was only during the very crappy movie "Starship Troopers".
    The book didn't have it.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Thank you doc, it is not about gay or straight, to me it is about I do not want my 13 or 15th year old daughter seeing a Wang swinging around when they are changing in a locker room. It is not about the potential for an assault, it is about decency. There are certain expectations people have in public facilities. If a gay man is using the same shower room as me in a public place I do not care, if a gay man is using the same locker room as my daughter I do care. Out on the street it would be a crime, apparently in planet fitness it is perfectly ok. This is a problem with society as a whole saying we all must accept anything that anybody else wants to do. It is sick.

Top Bottom