• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lately I've been wondering what the future holds for INGO.I've noticed what I refer to as the "Political Correctness Movement" and also watched some very influential members just up and quit.Now with Fenway leaving the helm,the captain leaving his ship so to say,what is going to become if this community?I joined for information and to find a place where my (sometimes bordering on the erotic) love for guns was shared.I've gleaned much knowledge from this place and it's kind of important to me.It's the only internet window that's always open on my phone and it's the patch that I wear proudly on my hat every single day.So tell me folks,what's going on?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Things change. Peoples' interest come and go. Whenever somebody dredges up an old thread from the early days, look at some of the members in there that you never see here anymore. Some of them, even the "shooters" have decent post counts. I'd say it's premature to think it's dying; Fenway thread was a spoof. But having said all that, I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be as many threads I find interesting lately.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Hmm. No sweat to me. I'm actually enjoying Ingo as much as ever. If it went bye bye, which it won't, I'd be disappointed, but I'd find what I need somewhere else. It'd be a shame, though. I'm not sure, but I think that based upon the number of members, it is probably as healthy as ever.

:popcorn:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The "polital correctness" label is a bunch of crap. Ask people to resist downing people and they get butthurt. I've seen the cool kids leave INGO twice and it still goes on. Maybe it will come to an end at some point, but maybe that will be the return of the old days when people could disagree without being intentionally hurtful. If people really don't like INGO, they can just log out or request to be banned. This has happened before and new user names were created soon after.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I decided to come back this time and use the same username. I was told INGO was a sinking ship about 4 or 5 years ago. Still going. I'd give this place another 6 months to a year.. Enjoy the ride !

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    6 months to a year

I decided to come back this time and use the same username. I was told INGO was a sinking ship about 4 or 5 years ago. Still going. I'd give this place another 6 months to a year.. Enjoy the ride !

I hope not. Can you cite a specific reason or 2 you see the end is near or is it just a gut-feeling?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

As you can see, sarcasm can be easy to miss without the purple.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I don't think it's dying, but I've not been here as long as others... but have been here long enough to see some new members get scared off by some regulars. This isn't always a welcoming place to join, especially for those who ask questions that others here find mundane or unintelligent.

As far as moderation and rules go, I'd say they're still relatively lax and although I just came out of a 2 week ban myself for saying something so comically non-offensive , but I still think they're relatively lax. I don't see the hiding/removal of posts here like I do some other places, which is where I draw the line in a community being worth participating in. Even though I got more than a slap on the wrist for a very non-offensive and sincere comment, they atleast didn't censor it or remove it to pretend it never happened. Other places would have done that, so congrats for that I guess.

In short, from what I gathered:

-- The OG members are sometimes mean to the new members and respond with inside jokes and sarcasm not easily detected by the newbs.
    -- Moderation is questionable at times and actions performed may not reflect what the community wants. But I understand this is a privately ran site funded by advertisers that pay money, so internal policies may reflect that of a single private person or advertisers paying money.
    -- Bacon is something that will always be a poll option even if it skews the results of the poll.

Just my $0.02 and views.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Far as I'm concerned, INGO is a "country boy", at least at heart.

[video=youtube;3cQNkIrg-Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk[/video]

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't think it is. I'm still enjoying it as much as I always have.

Some fine members have decided to take different paths and I wish them luck. INGO is a great place and I hope it's around for a long time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't think it's dying, but I've not been here as long as others... but have been here long enough to see some new members get scared off by some regulars. This isn't always a welcoming place to join, especially for those who ask questions that others here find mundane or unintelligent.

As far as moderation and rules go, I'd say they're still relatively lax and although I just came out of a 2 week ban myself for saying something so comically non-offensive , but I still think they're relatively lax. I don't see the hiding/removal of posts here like I do some other places, which is where I draw the line in a community being worth participating in. Even though I got more than a slap on the wrist for a very non-offensive and sincere comment, they atleast didn't censor it or remove it to pretend it never happened. Other places would have done that, so congrats for that I guess.

In short, from what I gathered:

-- The OG members are sometimes mean to the new members and respond with inside jokes and sarcasm not easily detected by the newbs.
    -- Moderation is questionable at times and actions performed may not reflect what the community wants. But I understand this is a privately ran site funded by advertisers that pay money, so internal policies may reflect that of a single private person or advertisers paying money.
    -- Bacon is something that will always be a poll option even if it skews the results of the poll.

Just my $0.02 and views.

I do think some people pile on the new guy.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Political Correctness is killing our Country. I see INGO killed by it too if we choose to live by Political Correctness in stead of standing up and calling things as they are. You do this in a Poker Game and you will likely find yourself in big trouble. A heart is a heart, a spade is a spade, etc.

If you are my age, most of our parents would be in prison for doing, thinking and saying the things they did, thought and said. Who has had a whipping with a branch off the *****-willow tree? I sure as heck have, and I had to walk two houses down to get the switch. Parents are in court today for doing the same thing my parents did. I used to play good-guys bad-guys, Cowboys and Indians, we had our own swing sets. Today these things are forbidden in many places.

I'm afraid my fellow INGO Members, INGO can fail, USA can fail, our Society can fail. All because of the extreme few. We deserve what will happen to us.

See what I mean. I can't even use the common name of a willow tree. Yet Twerking is OK. Twerting: Women working their twxts.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom