Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Run like a girl screaming?
    draw and fire?
    draw and start issuing commands?
    wait for the bus?

[video=youtube;qf69vYunGDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf69vYunGDM[/video]

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    These kinds of pranks are the most ill advised ideas. Putting people in fear for their lives and safety is never a good idea.
    My reflex in this situation would not be to run.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I'd probably have some combination of running and drawing. I don't think anyone in the U.S is stupid enough to set up this type of prank. At least not in a state with a lot of people who carry.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    In that kind of neighborhood, waiting on a bus at night I would, at the minimum, keep my hand in my pocket on my EDC just as a matter of habit. From that point drawing and firing is only a quick thought.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Just curious, if this did happen here in Indiana and a person were to draw and fire, could they be charged with anything? I would think it would be considered self defense, but I don't know for sure.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's tough. Normal situation, man with a knife running after me, draw and fire while moving to put something between me (and mine) and the attacker. Keep firing until threat stops.

If I had the wherewithal to recognize the character from the movie, I think I would assume it was marketing (possibly to my demise I know). If I didn't connect those dots, I'm afraid my next instinct may be that it was a child, putting me in a position where I don't think I could simply draw and fire. I may draw and issue commands, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to fire on what I suspected to be a child without 100% certainty of his intent.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Crazy man/woman/thing (costume or no costume) running at me with a knife... I would draw at a minimum and order to STOP, if he/she/it proceeded, he/she/it would get lead poisoning.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just curious, if this did happen here in Indiana and a person were to draw and fire, could they be charged with anything? I would think it would be considered self defense, but I don't know for sure.

under this situation, which video evidence, a conviction would be difficult. Prosecution might be likely however. w/out the video, you may have a tough row to hoe.

Top Bottom