• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I broke out my .38 Special Lee Classic Loader kit today to show a friend how it works. I've seen some folks here asking about them, so after he left I got the bright idea of making a video about the kit and how it's used.

If you are curious about the Lee Classic Loader, and have 10 minutes or so to spare, feel free to check it out and see if one might be useful to you. These really are neat little kits. Very handy for reloading in tight quarters, at the range, also handy for packing into a bug out kit. If your budget is tight and ammo money is tough to come by, reloading can let you shoot twice as much, or more. Using cast bullets, I can reload 9mm, .45 ACP, .38 Special, and .357 Magnum for less than $8 per 50, and this kit won't break your budget. For under $40, you can have an entire reloading setup.

YouTube - Using a Lee Classic Loader

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I carefully made ten the first time, then I made twenty and timed myself. I did twenty in about 30 minutes. I'd think one minute per round would be pretty doable once you got good at it.

I like the simplicity of this method. For me, I'm not trying to load large amounts of ammo, I just want to play around and get max accuracy. I bought Lee's simple little scale and the dipper kit, then mad some custom dippers from spent brass.

I'm not sure for my needs I ever need to buy anything else. Just bought two more used on the internet for a couple of my other calibers.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For a little more you can pick up one of those hand presses and make it a little easier and quicker. Still takes up very little room.

handprss.jpg

Top Bottom