• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Hey everyone, anyone seen this sight in person? I wondered if it was as good as the CompML2.
    What I do know is the lack of the retainer for the battery cover, etc. as well as the fact that it is not able to submerge as far.

Anyone know of a Indpls area dealer for these? Law Enforcement Firearms is the only thing listed on the Mfr. web site.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I run a C3 on my M4. Love it!

30igy03.jpg

There ARE retainer straps, but they are individually on each cap, and not all hooked together like they are on the M-series.

Mine is 2MOA, which isn't available on the M2, and this is by far the best part about it. I find the 2MOA dot to be a good compromise between accuracy and visibility.

Electronics are the same (as the M3, better than the M2), so I get 50,000 hours battery life.

The C3 is submersible to 15 feet, not 50. No biggie for me and my lack of under water ops.

There is no night vision capability (again, no biggie for me).

It does not come with flip-up caps, but rather a 'bikini cover'. You can buy them from Aimpoint or Butler Creek.

It does not come with the rubber body cover like the M3 does. You can buy one from Aimpoint.

So back to your question-- Is it as good as the ML2? Yes, if you're not in the military.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey everyone, anyone seen this sight in person? I wondered if it was as good as the CompML2.

The Comp C3 is actually a better sight than the ML2, as the C3 features the newest ACET diode with the 50,000 hour battery life. The ML2 has the CET diode that provides a measly 10,000 hour life. ;)

My various ARs wear three generations of Aimpoints - an ML :fogey: an M2 and a C3. They all work, and work well. Battery life is the biggest difference among them.

Mine is 2MOA, which isn't available on the M-series

Actually the M2 and ML2 are available in 4MOA only; the M3 and ML3 are available in 2 or 4MOA.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Actually the M2 and ML2 are available in 4MOA only; the M3 and ML3 are available in 2 or 4MOA.

This is correct. I meant not available to the M2/ML2.

shoooter521 is actually the one that introduced me to the CompC3 idea, and I'm glad he did. :yesway:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    thanks for the help, it is much appreciated. SWFA has the C3 in a package with the flip up caps, the rubber body cover, and a basic mount for $399.00.
    Sounded like a pretty good deal to me.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    thanks for the help, it is much appreciated. SWFA has the C3 in a package with the flip up caps, the rubber body cover, and a basic mount for $399.00.
    Sounded like a pretty good deal to me.

Not bad. The rubber cover and flip-up caps are the only "free" things you're getting in that package, though; the bikini covers and X-wide ring mount are standard equipment with the C3.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is the X-wide ring mount any good? I noticed ESRICE has a Larue on his.

It depends on what you're mounting it on.

The supplied ring will NOT work on a flat-top AR. If that's what you're putting this on, I'd HIGHLY recommend a LaRue (standard or cantilever).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That is what I plan on mounting it on.

There are other options for mounts, and shooter521 could probably give you a more complete list than I could.

Some are cheaper than LaRue, some more expensive.

I think LaRue makes the BEST.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The C3 is what Freddie Blish of Aimpoint calls the cops Aimpoint due to the lower cost, 50,000 hr battery life and lower submersion rate. They carry the same warranty as the more expensive sights and work exactly the same.

G&R Tactical in OH has package deals. They are great to work with and have quick shipping to IN. The last item I ordered from them arrived the next day.

Package Deals at G&R TACTICAL

Top Bottom