• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    It's a work in progress but eyes, ears, screwdriver set for scope adjustments, "tool" set for adjusting my Crimson Trace grips, extra ears, range pass, copy of LTCH, extra boxes of ammo..I need to put together basic first aid kits for both our bags and get my own stapler so I don't have to grab the one in my husband's bag..

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have 2, one is a smaller shoulder bag for competitions where we are constantly moving to different stages. It's just big enough to hold mags, ear pro, ammo, spent brass, and a bottle of water.

The other bag is larger and has room for all of the above as well as couple small steel targets, extra ear pro, pliers, screw drivers, squib rod, a couple gun rugs for whatever I'm shooting that day, rem oil, CLP wipes, a staple gun, clear and tinted eye pro, shooting gloves, ibuprofen, sun screen, bug spray, a small bag of trail mix or a power bar and a small notebook and pen.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Eyes, ears, targets, ammo, mags, dowel for knocking out any squibs, multitool, and anything else I think I may need. Am anticipating making a smill FAK to throw in as well, but it's usually in my bag in the vehicle.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Gun
    BUG
    Timer
    ammo
    mag pouches
    magazines
    ears
    eyes
    3x5 cards
    bore snakes
    trash bag
    IBD
    First aid kit
    Athletic tape
    calculator
    locks
    handcuff key
    towel
    ink pen
    9 volt battery

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Spare mags, couple boxes of ammo, eye/ear protection, some rags, takedown cleaning rod, binder clips, staple gun with box of staples, screwdrivers, candle lighter(for the citronella candles), sharpie and pens.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Extra eyes, ears, hand wipes, range flags, PistolSmith, insect repellant, First Aid, empty bags (for brass and to cover range bag in case of rain), anti-fog wipes, Zeiss lens cleaners for shooting glasses, Israeli emgergency dressings, coins for water or phone call, copy of Form 4s, copy of LTCH, inter alia.

I carry my ammo in color-coorindated ammo cans.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Ammo
    Ear protection
    Sunglasses/eye protection
    Cleaning rod
    Boresnake
    spotting scope
    handgun grease
    remington oil
    staple gun
    staples
    targets
    small screwdriver set with extra bits
    plastic bag for brass

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a "universal" bag that I carry to ranges (whether it be an in-door range or a friends back yard)...

And the primary compartments hold up to 5 pistols, extra mags and several boxes of ammo.
    On the side compartments, I keep the most basic tools that many may refer to as a Bug Out Bag. :rockwoot:
    Not that I plan for the world to end on the way to shoot, but it's a peace of mind to carry the most basic things without knowing what could happen.
    First Aid, 500ft of paracord, matches, pocket knife, lighter, emergency blanket, water, a few energy bars, extra eye/ear protection, and markers to "make" or mark targets.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Targets
    Staple gun
    Staples
    Masking tape
    Gerber multitool
    Flat head screwdriver
    Four 'L' wrenches
    Flashlight
    Hearing protection
    Eye protection
    Baby wipes
    Hand sanitizer
    Notebook paper
    Sharpie marker
    Pen & pencil
    Lens cleaning cloth

Those are all the things that stay in my range bag permanently. Ammo, guns, and expensive stuff I lock up when not using it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's a work in progress but eyes, ears, screwdriver set for scope adjustments, "tool" set for adjusting my Crimson Trace grips, extra ears, range pass, copy of LTCH, extra boxes of ammo..I need to put together basic first aid kits for both our bags and get my own stapler so I don't have to grab the one in my husband's bag..

I think you need more than a basic FAK for a range bag.Of course it all depends what you call basic.I would make sure to have a small kit with a few bandages to treat little scratches and cuts but also with a large blood stopping capabilities.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I don't use a range bag since I shoot 50 yards from my backdoor. If I need anything else I just go back inside and get it.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Gun
    BUG
    Timer
    ammo
    mag pouches
    magazines
    ears
    eyes
    3x5 cards
    bore snakes
    trash bag
    IBD
    First aid kit
    Athletic tape
    calculator
    locks
    handcuff key
    towel
    ink pen
    9 volt battery

I'm interested as to why you have a handcuff key, but don't carry handcuffs? Is there a secret use for it or is it a just in case kinda thing?

Top Bottom