• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And I must say I am very impressed. Mine is the "V" model, size Small, Left-Handed with the security pocket in the back. I am carrying a Beretta Nano and spare mag in it and the items fit perfectly. The rig is super comfortable and as undetectable as anything out there.

The workmanship really impresses me. The YouTube videos and even the company's own web site don't do this thing justice. It's flawless without a single stitch out of place.

I'll update my post after I've carried with it for a few days with more detailed impressions but initially it looks like a winner.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    www.smartcarry.com

Similar holsters include Thunderwear, TactiPac, Lightningwear, etc... These are worn directly in front of the "other" carry package, in a place where, if you're a male, no other males usually examine closely. Here are a few images of how I wear mine (no worries, nothing obscene!).

I have been wearing this all day, including a trip to a local restaurant/bar and while seated in my office chair and driving. I haven't practiced drawing yet, a handful of snap caps in my pocket and a trip home and I will, though.

Hard for me to describe wearing it; I know it's there but it isn't uncomfortable in any way at all. I used the urinal in public and by rotating it off to one side I had no trouble at all. The weapon didn't even show during this time, covered by my shirt. Provided I can get to my pistol quickly and confidently I'm ready to make this my EDC holster for sure.

EDIT: For those wondering, I wear this low enough for there to be no way for the muzzle to cover my junk. In fact, an AD or ND would most likely miss me entirely, landing between my feet or knees depending on whether I was sitting or standing at the time. The barrel is right on the midline pointing straignt down.

Some images:

20120725_153016%5B1%5D.jpg

20120725_152922%5B1%5D.jgg
    20120725_152757+-+No+SN.jpg

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And here it is without me to ugly it up, showing how the pistol and magazine fit in the front pockets. SmartCarry makes this in a mirror opposite model for righties and with or without an extra, full-size valuables pocket behind the two front pockets.

20120725_194332+No+SN.jpg

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I know its not rational. But I'm not going to carry a gun pointed at my pride and joy. I realize its not Mexican carry but I still could not do it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    After some time with this rig I can safely say it has become second nature to integrate it into my wardrobe. I still have a lot of work to do in order to be proficient in the draw, though. I'm a believer in being consistent in what you carry and how you carry it and this rig by nature of its own belt and location on the body can be worn with anything from formal dress to athletic shorts with no shirt. If any other rigs out there are better at being this versatile if like to hear about them.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have one. Not good at speedy draws. Doesn't help with a big gut. I can hide a revolver or medium sized auto pretty easily.

Sorry, didn't want to say snubby or compact there.

I only wear it when I know that I will print with my full sized EDC. I have a wedding to go to next month and this will be with me.

Had difficulty going to the restroom. I would just go into a stall to get things situated where I could do my business.

Top Bottom