The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Wait....I thought that was a requirement around these here parts. :stickpoke:

Pretty cool looking piece, right there.

We will (patiently) look forward to a range report.:cool:
    Stick Poke is permissible, Smart *** is not. As an old E-9 once said “Don’t step on your Manhood”. (Manhood is a replacement for what he really said)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Assisting the gardener as she builds another vegetable garden/fort today. It's better to just leave suggestions like a trail of bread crumbs rather than just show her an easier way to do it. Those among us who have been married a long time understand this.;)

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    That happens to be a little tool kit with Torq bits and screws for mounting an optic. The bits go in the barrel end and you use the pistol as the driver. Optic will be here next week. Holosun Comp.
    Several reviews I have watched have rated the Comp higher than the SRO… It is a large red dot.

I put the comp on my P10C. Love it. Now if I can only learn to shoot worth a darn!

1714854032407.jpeg
    1714854126434.png
    ETA: And a bit cheaper too I might add. Found out Primary Arms has a discount for nurses as well as military, first responders and LEOs that I took advantage of!

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Stick Poke is permissible, Smart *** is not. As an old E-9 once said “Don’t step on your Manhood”. (Manhood is a replacement for what he really said)
    Now, now ... one should read anything I post in this forum with a shade of purple ... but for the record, you did take a picture of a box ... if you had time to do that, then you had time to open the box to take a picture.

Forgiveness, though, will be granted. Primarily due to the crazy schedule you noted above, but, also because I too am guilty of not posting range reports of new acquisitions, and sometimes not even pictures of the nice new shiny (and don't want to be called out).

We are all in this together, so we might as well get along.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    150 hrs of tractor time. +loading and unloading, travel time, and repairs. That's a busy month. week.
    Probably a little low there.
    The 40 acres an hour gets cut in about half between turning moving and any breakdowns.
    The big planters are efficient, but to do a nice job on the ends and in the corners still takes some time.

We plant 1000ish each of corn and beans and put 100-150 tractor hours on each one, one corn planter one bean planter.
    I’m sure they have more, at least two of each if I had to guess. Again guessing, but an outfit like that probably puts on the same hours per tractor.

Those 150 hours can go on in 10 days easily. I’ll put a couple 80-90 hour weeks in with some 60-70 hour weeks and then back to more normal.
    My hours are about 20% more than the engine hours. We don’t shut the tractors off much with all the electronics to have to restart.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Now, now ... one should read anything I post in this forum with a shade of purple ... but for the record, you did take a picture of a box ... if you had time to do that, then you had time to open the box to take a picture.

Forgiveness, though, will be granted. Primarily due to the crazy schedule you noted above, but, also because I too am guilty of not posting range reports of new acquisitions, and sometimes not even pictures of the nice new shiny (and don't want to be called out).

We are all in this together, so we might as well get along.

Yea, I bought a gun today. Not gonna post a box pic or a gun pic. Heck, might not even post what it is.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I put the comp on my P10C. Love it. Now if I can only learn to shoot worth a darn!

View attachment 350714
    View attachment 350716
    ETA: And a bit cheaper too I might add. Found out Primary Arms has a discount for nurses as well as military, first responders and LEOs that I took advantage of!
    I found a place even cheaper than Primary Arms. Armory 219 in Valparaiso. $306.00 before tax.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Probably a little low there.
    The 40 acres an hour gets cut in about half between turning moving and any breakdowns.
    The big planters are efficient, but to do a nice job on the ends and in the corners still takes some time.

We plant 1000ish each of corn and beans and put 100-150 tractor hours on each one, one corn planter one bean planter.
    I’m sure they have more, at least two of each if I had to guess. Again guessing, but an outfit like that probably puts on the same hours per tractor.

Those 150 hours can go on in 10 days easily. I’ll put a couple 80-90 hour weeks in with some 60-70 hour weeks and then back to more normal.
    My hours are about 20% more than the engine hours. We don’t shut the tractors off much with all the electronics to have to restart.

Local car buddy of mine has a large farming operation. Huge equipment and lots of it. They run 18 (?) hour days, many employees - seems like he can plant 8000 acres in a week.

My point is - that with the equipment you farmers run, it is amazing how much can get done per man hour. Of course, you guys also spend crazy money on equipment.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Local car buddy of mine has a large farming operation. Huge equipment and lots of it. They run 18 (?) hour days, many employees - seems like he can plant 8000 acres in a week.

My point is - that with the equipment you farmers run, it is amazing how much can get done per man hour. Of course, you guys also spend crazy money on equipment.
    10 years ago we bought a 24 row planter for about 50k, a bargain at the time and still believe that. We immediately put 50k of technology on it and have been happy with it, but it’s definitely an owner/operator thing. I couldn’t hand this over to just a hired man and expect it to work for long.
    So the big guys are kinda forced to buy a 2-300k planter. I don’t quite see how they pencil it out, I guess I just need to stop being poor!

Sometimes old stuff is the best stuff, but don’t ask me at 2am when I’m out working on it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm going to be here until 1 A.M. again .... it's still weekend !
    Finally picked up a macro focusing rail for the camera. It'll make macro shooting easier, and more precise. One full revolution of the knob, moves the camera 1mm.

i-j6LV97K-XL.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'm going to be here until 1 A.M. again .... it's still weekend !
    Finally picked up a macro focusing rail for the camera. It'll make macro shooting easier, and more precise. One full revolution of the knob, moves the camera 1mm.

i-j6LV97K-XL.jpg
    You had time to get more than three in a row without me interrupting you tonight!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom