• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have been meaning to buy a set for awhile now. Worked some OT the last couple weekends so I decided to pick up a set. I bought a set of .251-500” from eBay. Shars tool shop. Ordered Sunday, delivered today. I got the minus set and it was very nicely made and packaged. Comes in a plastic holder vs styrofoam which will degrade and hold moisture. I’ve already used it to gauge a few revolvers and found a couple 45’s not suprising at .452 and 454” given their ages. Checked one problem child 44 special and found it to have chamber mouths at .432”. Luckily the 429421 I bought for it casts at .431 and I’m powder coating them so they should shoot decently.

The pin gauges can also be handy for dropping down the barrels of revolvers to see if they have constric at the barrel stamps or at the barrel threads. I’m sure I’ll l come up with many other uses as time rolls on. I would definitely recommend spending The $120 to get a set.

Stengun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2024
    Horseheads
    They are also helpful to setting the headspace on you home built FAL or L1A1

While there is a special taper tool for muzzle and chamber erosion

You can easily gauge the muzzle erosion.

Not exactly sure how to get the pin gage held and in the chamber end. Maybe that is the pin gauge holder. Is there such an extra long gauge holder out there?

Thanks

Top Bottom