OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just got back from the first day of the Farmer's Market here in town.

Not much produce yet, but a beautiful Minonite family had some for sale.
    I grabbed some mustard greens and a well grown cabbage head with the blanching leaves still tied up around all of them. Old school German style.

Also some green onions, even though I have some growing. Theirs are ready now and top shelf quality.

Obviously, I could not pass by the BBQ stand. Got 4 lbs of pulled pork for later.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Good Saturday morning folks. A beautiful weekend on tap for INGO land.

Hope everyone is doing well. Been extremely busy, and absent here, of late. Still catching a few fish but prespawn feeding frenzy is over and spawning has begun.

Neighbors from Boston arrived for couple weeks so bunch of socializing.

Landscaper got started on spring clean up, new much under Blue Spruce trees, etc. Back to finish Monday.

$10K disappeared this week to take down 1 tree, remove 2 stumps, and trim up 7 big trees. Excellent family of tree climbers made it all happen in 3 days.

Deceased son‘s boss took us out Wednesday evening for a nice meal and talk. 2 hours travel, 3 hour meal…late night.

Mowed yesterday. Lawn service applying crab grass herbicide today.

Last night was First Friday in Goshen. Main theme was celebration of Arbor Day. Program on lawn of courthouse. Part of the program was to honor our deceased son. We were presented a plaque and a tree planted in his honor. Then a fast trip to Fairfield High School for the Art Fair honor awards ceremony. An anonymous donation to the Art Honor Society was made in our son’s honor. This was recognized along with a tribute to our son. Very emotional evening.

Time to get going. Need to haul some more summer stuff home from Syracuse, run some errands, wash the fun mobile, do the string trimming, and hopefully have some time left to fish a bit.

Enjoy the sunshine & HAGD

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got a big burning bush trimmed. I don't mind the trimming so much but I hate the cleanup. Turned on the ceiling fan out here on the deck. It's getting steamy out.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Good Saturday morning folks. A beautiful weekend on tap for INGO land.

Hope everyone is doing well. Been extremely busy, and absent here, of late. Still catching a few fish but prespawn feeding frenzy is over and spawning has begun.

Neighbors from Boston arrived for couple weeks so bunch of socializing.

Landscaper got started on spring clean up, new much under Blue Spruce trees, etc. Back to finish Monday.

$10K disappeared this week to take down 1 tree, remove 2 stumps, and trim up 7 big trees. Excellent family of tree climbers made it all happen in 3 days.

Deceased son‘s boss took us out Wednesday evening for a nice meal and talk. 2 hours travel, 3 hour meal…late night.

Mowed yesterday. Lawn service applying crab grass herbicide today.

Last night was First Friday in Goshen. Main theme was celebration of Arbor Day. Program on lawn of courthouse. Part of the program was to honor our deceased son. We were presented a plaque and a tree planted in his honor. Then a fast trip to Fairfield High School for the Art Fair honor awards ceremony. An anonymous donation to the Art Honor Society was made in our son’s honor. This was recognized along with a tribute to our son. Very emotional evening.

Time to get going. Need to haul some more summer stuff home from Syracuse, run some errands, wash the fun mobile, do the string trimming, and hopefully have some time left to fish a bit.

Enjoy the sunshine & HAGD
    Sad to hear about your son.
    I'm new to this crew, so I don't know if enough time has passed to allow for any healing, yet.

The plaque is nice, but the tree momento will outlive everyone alive today.
    Godspeed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think I'm going to try and bag up the trimmings. They'd just be poking through the bags. I'll just pull the trailer around and throw them on there. Going to be a heck of a burn pile once all that stuff dries out.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I don't think I'm going to try and bag up the trimmings. They'd just be poking through the bags. I'll just pull the trailer around and throw them on there. Going to be a heck of a burn pile once all that stuff dries out.
    I have four over grown ones to deal with yet, right in front of my garage windows.

Two more out back that I'm just going to dig out.

They're only chest high, though. Manageable, but I would trade for dwarf lilacs if I could economically do so.

Top Bottom