d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    How are the RO's? I think I recall rules that had members irritated? Anything we shouldn't bring?
    You're not suppose to carry a holstered weapon but concealed means concealed. No rapid fire allowed. Other than that good to go

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Those of you that have red dots or whatever else the sights might be called on your edc or handguns in general, i could use the help trying to get used to the new to me P365xl with the zero red dot on it.
    I have a few red dots, I'll be glad to try and help.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Hi Kaufman!

So you're not supposed to walk around with a holstered weapon at a shooting range? I'm not being sarcastic here I'm honestly curious because that sounds weird right?
    I'm not Don, but that’s what it says.. it is so much nonsense. How many will disregard and continue with what they are doing their?? Guess I'll be 1 of those that pushes back and see what happens. I don't know who is in charge now a days, but few years ago, Tony(forget last name) was the man and he'd probably look the other way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As for looking the other way, the girl that is there normally, will not, but she is not adept at noticing concealed.

The reason for the rule is BUREAUCATS at Indianapolis DNR!

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    it is so much nonsense
    Yeesh, so weird... this is Indiana. I asked because I frequent Jasper-Pulaski FWA and last thing I need is one of those people yapping at me.

It's like going to a race track but you're not allowed to drive your car through the parking lot. Yeah sure you can race the car and drive 200 mph but we don't need some loose cannon parallel parking like a reckless SOB

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Yeesh, so weird... this is Indiana. I asked because I frequent Jasper-Pulaski FWA and last thing I need is one of those people yapping at me.

It's like going to a race track but you're not allowed to drive your car through the parking lot. Yeah sure you can race the car and drive 200 mph but we don't need some loose cannon parallel parking like a reckless SOB
    That's why i wonder who is in charge these days there. I had trouble with 1 of the bossy workers years back when i went on a Monday to dig some lead. Mondays they were closed, the guy said i wasn't allowed to be there..made the argument i wasn't shooting and that is exactly what the sign said. He started blowing me crap, so i said..well lets take a trip to the office. Not only did Tony say it was fine i was there but also told me to call if i wanted to come to dig lead so these "communication" issues didn't happen in tge future. When i first was going to dig for lead, Tony initially said it was against "policy" to do so, but he didn't care if anyobe did or not.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    That's why i wonder who is in charge these days there
    During my last visit to Jasper-Pul, I encountered an old guy who was the RO. The guy was pissed I had the balls to collect my brass. I calmly explained that no one else was even at the pistol section and I was only collecting 50% -/+ what I personally shot; he didn't want to hear it.

Maybe someone else pissed the RO off on something unrelated, maybe the RO is a brass goblin and takes everything himself.....or maybe both.

I'd typically argue with the guy just on principle, the brass doesn't matter it's the point. Then I remembered I moved to Indiana where for the most part everyone is super nice and gives me the benefit of the doubt so I just let the RO have his way. I did however make eye contact and grab 2 more pieces of brass to "get the last word in" then I kinda chuckled and let him have the previous resources.......I don't need to win every argument.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    During my last visit to Jasper-Pul, I encountered an old guy who was the RO. The guy was pissed I had the balls to collect my brass. I calmly explained that no one else was even at the pistol section and I was only collecting 50% -/+ what I personally shot; he didn't want to hear it.

Maybe someone else pissed the RO off on something unrelated, maybe the RO is a brass goblin and takes everything himself.....or maybe both.

I'd typically argue with the guy just on principle, the brass doesn't matter it's the point. Then I remembered I moved to Indiana where for the most part everyone is super nice and gives me the benefit of the doubt so I just let the RO have his way. I did however make eye contact and grab 2 more pieces of brass to "get the last word in" then I kinda chuckled and let him have the previous resources.......I don't need to win every argument.
    What is the argument? Why does he get the brass?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI

Hmm, sounds like he made up his own outdoor range rule. There is basically 1 rule after shooting...clean up all messes after shooting and leave the facility clean like you found it.

Top Bottom