• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    Good morning, I just picked up a new Bergara BMR .22lr, very nice rifle, BUT those of you that have this. Have you had trouble with it feeding? This has to be the hardest feeding rifle I have ever owned, actually have a friend that just bought one with same issue. I only have about 100 rounds through it so far, so is this an issue that just needs to be broke in more or what? Thank you for any feedback.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been eyeing the semi-auto version. I'm curious about the ammo being used though, are you both using the same ammo? which ammo have you tried?

dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    I've been eyeing the semi-auto version. I'm curious about the ammo being used though, are you both using the same ammo? which ammo have you tried?
    Yeah didn’t think to add that was firing CCI standard, Eley club, Eley Target, and one other Eley round I can’t recall at the moment. CCI fed better than the Eley

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I just searched briefly on rimfire central to see if anyone over there had similar issues. Some suggested polishing the bolt up a bit. You could also possibly call Bergara and see what they suggest :dunno:

very curious to what you find out and how you fix it.

does it feed hard with only 1 round in the magazine?

dmfisher71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Brownstown, IN
    I just searched briefly on rimfire central to see if anyone over there had similar issues. Some suggested polishing the bolt up a bit. You could also possibly call Bergara and see what they suggest :dunno:

very curious to what you find out and how you fix it.

does it feed hard with only 1 round in the magazine?
    Right on. Thank you. But yeah it doesn’t matter how many rounds are in the mag I still get probably one of 5 rounds feed hard. Hard enough I back the bolt out to eject that round

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    By they way another guy I know has the carbon bbl BXR and he absolutely loves it

I have one and just don't shoot it. I wanted a B14R when I went to the store and came home with a BXR instead (they didn't have a B-14R or BMR). I think my big problem with it is I'm just not a big 10-22 fan and it's basically a fancy 10-22. It's nice (and ridiculously light), I just prefer a bolt action when shooting for fun.

cheeky5.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have one and just don't shoot it. I wanted a B14R when I went to the store and came home with a BXR instead (they didn't have a B-14R or BMR). I think my big problem with it is I'm just not a big 10-22 fan and it's basically a fancy 10-22. It's nice (and ridiculously light), I just prefer a bolt action when shooting for fun.

View attachment 351376
    :drool:

Top Bottom