‘This isn’t working’: Head of ISP calls for complete review of Marion County judicial system

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I'm not sure if it is still there but there was a sign in Indy on the south side of 465 heading to the 65 S exit that said something like.... Indianapolis has been democratic controlled for 70 years and has as many deaths as Chicago. or something like that. There should be those signs posted all over the city till people change their voting habits. But then again Nashville or Memphis Tn has never learned.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That’s beyond sickening she let him out on bond, crazy Judge for the win!
    One has a right to bond. How is that crazy?

His bond was more than double what a F3 is in Marion County. What more do you want? 3 chicks floating in a pool?

Dumb Dougie wants to abolish yet another constitutional right because he is running his agency and this state into the ground?

Nah, pass. It was ISP that chased him and continued to chase him. Maybe don't ISP shouldn't act like that in Indianapolis? Maybe Doug is projecting because he knows his agency is responsible for many innocent deaths and is focused on diverting attention like when ISP shot Glenn Rightsell for doing nothing. Maybe adult judgment at ISP is what is needed. That can only be accomplished with firing Doug.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    200w.gif

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One has a right to bond. How is that crazy?

His bond was more than double what a F3 is in Marion County. What more do you want? 3 chicks floating in a pool?

Dumb Dougie wants to abolish yet another constitutional right because he is running his agency and this state into the ground?

Nah, pass. It was ISP that chased him. Maybe don't ISP shouldn't act like that in Indianapolis? Maybe Doug is projecting because he knows his agency is responsible for many innocent deaths and is focused on diverting attention like when ISP shot Glenn Rightsell for doing nothing.
    $333 (what he actually paid) is more than double the bond for an F3 felony? Costs more than that for a misdemeanor DUI. And ISP called off their chase. The crash was a full 3 minutes after they had stopped the chase. No, not gonna put this on ISP.

Edit: And I'm no fan of Carter either, but this is 100% on the scumbag that was driving the car, and nobody else. We all know how much Marion County judges and prosecutors love them some scumbags though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    $333 (what he actually paid) is more than double the bond for an F3 felony? Costs more than that for a misdemeanor DUI. And ISP called off their chase. The crash was a full 3 minutes after they had stopped the chase. No, not gonna put this on ISP.

Edit: And I'm no fan of Carter either, but this is 100% on the scumbag that was driving the car, and nobody else. We all know how much Marion County judges and prosecutors love them some scumbags though.
    Doug is notorious liar. He lied about Constitutional Carry, he lied about the Glenn Rightsell cover up, he is not telling the truth here.
    He paid far more than $333:

"This comes after Luis Leyba-Gonzalez, 19, was released Saturday on a $1,000 cash bond. Court records show there was also a $50,000 surety bond."

10% vig means he paid 5K to a bail bondsman.

Doug is a liar.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Doug is notorious liar. He lied about Constitutional Carry, he lied about the Glenn Rightsell cover up, he is not telling the truth here.
    He paid far more than $333:

"This comes after Luis Leyba-Gonzalez, 19, was released Saturday on a $1,000 cash bond. Court records show there was also a $50,000 surety bond."

10% vig means he paid 5K to a bail bondsman.

Doug is a liar.
    How common is it for there to be two different bonds for the same charge/case? Even $5K is way too low given the circumstances (3 people killed).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How common is it for there to be two different bonds for the same charge/case? Even $5K is way too low given the circumstances (3 people killed).

For the middle stuff F4s, F3s, F2s, common, heavy stuff is usually all surety.

50K is over schedule. If Mears thinks it is too low for reasons other than him being brown, then MCPA can file a petition and it can be re-set at he IH which is Monday, 10/03/23 at 9AM.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For the middle stuff F4s, F3s, F2s, common, heavy stuff is usually all surety.

50K is over schedule. If Mears thinks it is too low for reasons other than him being brown, then MCPA can file a petition and it can be re-set at he IH which is Monday, 10/03/23 at 9AM.
    I'm sure Mears won't think it's too low. I think if it were up to Mears there would be no bond for any crime. He's never met a criminal he didn't want out on the streets ASAP.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just pointing out the fact that Doug Carter is a vile, disgusting liar. A fascist that wants to deny people their rights.

He is panicked as he knows HIS DEPARTMENT f**ked up, yet again, and got cleared to play GTA in the streets of Indiana then he throws a hissy fit when people are killed.

I have had disagreements with ISP before, however it should be obvious that Doug Carter is lying to you and needs to go.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm sure Mears won't think it's too low. I think if it were up to Mears there would be no bond for any crime. He's never met a criminal he didn't want out on the streets ASAP.

We have a right to a bond in the State of Indiana. We have a presumption of innocence. Cebya-Gonzalez did as he was required, but Carter is crying about it. This does not set well with me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have a right to a bond in the State of Indiana. We have a presumption of innocence. Cebya-Gonzalez did as he was required, but Carter is crying about it. This does not set well with me.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I didn't mean "no" bond. Mears would set every bond to zero or maybe a dollar if he could.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I didn't mean "no" bond. Mears would set every bond to zero or maybe a dollar if he could.
    He can file a petition requesting that too.

There is a bond schedule. The defendant here paid double the bond schedule.

If Carter wants to distract us from WHAT HIS OWN GD DEPARTMENT DID, then he can call Mears's cell phone and ask Mears to petition the Court to raise his bond. However, Carter is lying to you, just like he lied about Constitution Carry. Just like he lied about Glenn Rightsell.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom