• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    what is up with all the zombie loads? im sure the zombie loads are just a selling point but how to honrady combie loads compare to the critical defence....

and where did the zombie treand come from? i see it everywhere

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I think they are just in fun, I've bought one box myself. The rounds performed very well too. The box is a decoration on my desk.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    They are Critical Defense loads with a 'green' tip versus a 'red' tip. Of course they won't tell you that. I recently picked up some 9mm loads of Zombie Max and 38 Special Critical Defense loads and both are great rounds. Very accurate!

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    what is up with all the zombie loads? im sure the zombie loads are just a selling point but how to honrady combie loads compare to the critical defence....

and where did the zombie treand come from? i see it everywhere

they are for hunting zombies.

didn't you see zombieland?

but like was said above, it's the same as vmax it's just a novelty addition to ammo.

Wire Fox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've got three boxes in my armory (read: closet) so I can top off two whole mags. Only downside is they're 55gr bullets instead of the 62gr I use, so my sighting won't be any good.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I think they're just V-max bullets except the plastic is fluorescent green.

They are Critical Defense loads with a 'green' tip versus a 'red' tip. Of course they won't tell you that. I recently picked up some 9mm loads of Zombie Max and 38 Special Critical Defense loads and both are great rounds. Very accurate!

Yup, standard V max and ctitical defense rounds but instead of a red polymer tip they use green and put it in a different packaging. They didn't even bother to add a grain of powder more or anything.

Personally though, what's wrong with FMJs when it comes to shooting zombies?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It's just an advertising ploy and if ALL publicity is GOOD publicity, I would say they have succeeded. Some folks think it's hilarious, some folks hate it with a passion, and there's even a few morons out there who actually bought it for shooting zombies? :D

Nosler has followed suit with their "Varmageddon" ammo. Silliness abounds these days!

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i have a pack of 9mm set up on my desk next to a set of loose 12ga zomebie shells just as decoration. worse comes to worse, they can always be used.

Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    I figured they were just greed cd's I hand load everything but my. 380. I was at bass pro last week and seen they carry zombie bullets so I guess we can load our own creepy crawler rounds now haha

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I've been wondering when the Vampire hard wood bullets and the werewolf silver loads come out. And while we're at it what's a good load for undead mummies?:D

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think the green tip is a great idea even for regular SD ammo. I mean, why make it difficult for the coroner to find all the pieces of the bullet? Florescent green should be much easier to find in a body than the red.

Top Bottom