Brownsburg, IN
    wnwsidecar.jpg

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ok sticking with the origional post (you ever notice that no one ever sticks to the rules :) ), i would go over to the car lot and get a couple of 4 wheel drive Suburbans. i've had 3 of them they have alot of cargo space, are very tough to get stuck, and are easily modified with bumpers, winches, skid plates etc.

jake

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In all honesty, I really like Tallahassee's Escalade from Zombieland. If we're being realistic here, I would probably try to weld a similar plow to the front of my truck, using the brush guard mounts etc. I already have, and I would probably also protect the glass with some sort of mesh or grating. It may be a little harder to see through, but it wouldn't be that bad, and would definitely prevent zombies from busting my windows to get at me.

escaladeb.jpg

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I'm not going to bore you with specs and details, but the combo I am putting together to haul folks and gear in consists of a regular cab long bed F-350 4x4 and a Suburban (which I have now) or an Excursion (what I want) on 37"- 40" tires with the fenders cut out some so I don't have to lift it more than 6" to keep the center of gravity low for stability.

I will be swapping in 5.9L 12 valve Cummins non-electronic diesel engines into both, the truck will have a manual 5 speed transmission, and the SUV will have a non-electronic 4 speed automatic with overdrive (GM 4L80). They will both have racks on the back for one 4 stroke dirt bike to be carried in per vehicle. The truck will have a 97 gallon fuel capacity, the SUV will have a 30-50 gallon fuel capacity.

The truck will be capable of carrying enough water, food, ammo, and other supplies to support said people for 6-8 weeks. Both vehicles will have as many interchangeable parts as possible.

I am about 30% of the way done with this project. I am taking donations. lol.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    I'm not going to bore you with specs and details, but the combo I am putting together to haul folks and gear in consists of a regular cab long bed F-350 4x4 and a Suburban (which I have now) or an Excursion (what I want) on 37"- 40" tires with the fenders cut out some so I don't have to lift it more than 6" to keep the center of gravity low for stability.

I will be swapping in 5.9L 12 valve Cummins non-electronic diesel engines into both, the truck will have a manual 5 speed transmission, and the SUV will have a non-electronic 4 speed automatic with overdrive (GM 4L80). They will both have racks on the back for one 4 stroke dirt bike to be carried in per vehicle. The truck will have a 97 gallon fuel capacity, the SUV will have a 30-50 gallon fuel capacity.

The truck will be capable of carrying enough water, food, ammo, and other supplies to support said people for 6-8 weeks. Both vehicles will have as many interchangeable parts as possible.

I am about 30% of the way done with this project. I am taking donations. lol.

Certainly some things that I've considered with the mechanical diesels... I would have a diesel truck, snag a trailer, snag a Argos 6x6 or quad, and go from there.

I wouldn't have the personnel considerations if I were here in WA state though. If I were in Indiana, and had family to worry about, my brother and a friend or two would be included and invaluable. But, we all have considered this, and are all on the same page with what we would look for to prepare. I already carry fuel, water, blanket, shovel, ammo, basic tools, 550 cord, and a ballistic vest in the trunk...

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Im not really as fancy as you guys.

But here is a list of my future wishes

Bronco
    Bronco.jpg

Van
    RW%27s+Bug+Out+Van.JPG

Dumbtruck

1993%20Ford%20LTS9000%2015%27%20Dump%20(P2078),%20%20left%20front%20view%20(up)3.jpg

4Wheeler as detachment SHTF

images

Ironhead as detachment

IRONHEAD1.JPG

Ive picked these vehicles on the condition that they can purchased very cheaply and can be relatively reliable.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Would look for crew cab trucks/suburban types with diesel engines and stick shift with the ability to tow. Then a bus, maybe even one of the two decker types :-)

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Just an FYI, that bronco you posted is FAR from stock. It is running F-350 axles, 16.5" wheels and 37x12.5" Military Goodyears ala HMMWV
    The Sterling 10.25" is a direct swap in the rear except for possible need for drive shaft modification, and to fit that Dana 60 up front takes a ton of frame, axle, steering and suspension work. Good choice there though. Better off going with a bob'd bed 4 door F-350 honestly.

Yeppers, you caught me, I'm a 4x4 nut and diesel mechanic.

Bronco.jpg

Ive picked these vehicles on the condition that they can purchased very cheaply and can be relatively reliable.

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Assuming the dealership also deals military equipment:

IVECO Super AV 8x8 amphibious IFV/APC w/weapons turret w/Bushmaster III 35mm chain gun firing 35mm AHEAD ammo, coaxial .50 BMG chain gun, & .50 BMG chain gun in commander’s turret both firing .50 BMG Rafous
    http://www.defense-update.com/products/s/superav8x8_290409.html
    http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2361.html
    http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2756.html
    http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/index.php?fid=5052&lang=3
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211

If no military equipment, then a pair of crew cab Chevy C4500 trucks. Both with cow catchers on front, one with a fuel tank body, the other with a box bed of consumables (food, water, ammunition, etc.)
    Yahoo! Image Search Results for Chevy C4500 kodiak crew cab

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Just an FYI, that bronco you posted is FAR from stock. It is running F-350 axles, 16.5" wheels and 37x12.5" Military Goodyears ala HMMWV
    The Sterling 10.25" is a direct swap in the rear except for possible need for drive shaft modification, and to fit that Dana 60 up front takes a ton of frame, axle, steering and suspension work. Good choice there though. Better off going with a bob'd bed 4 door F-350 honestly.

Yeppers, you caught me, I'm a 4x4 nut and diesel mechanic.

Think I made a new friend :yesway: I like the truck but Id settle for anything that runs and is reliable I like the Bronco because it has a detachable roof/back

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ok...So here's the situation......

Zombie's are over running the nation, you have ten people (5 adults/5 kids) in your party including you, and the closest known safe zone to you is 1000 miles away.Lets just say its summertime, so no worries about real inclimate weather. But you do need to travel day and night. (You're in a hurry)

Lucky for you, you live right next to a car lot with every car known to man on the lot(use your imagination ;)), and on the other side of you is a scrap yard.

So what will be your choice vehicle to fend off any hoards that try to get a hold of ya? And how will you equip this vehicle to keep out of harms way?

2 School Buses. Lots of room to haul the necessaries, plus coomon enough that parts could be scrounged anywhere.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Wow, so I'm rather disatisfied with your guys small picture thinking...And even at that it's not realistic like my ideal vehicles....you greedy mongrols :rolleyes:

QTY: "Vehicle"
    2 AC13U
    6 CV-22
    1 CVN-71
    1 CVN-68
    3 F-35
    3 F-15
    3 F-16
    2 B-2 Bomber
    6 AV-8B
    2 8000TD
    2 8100TD