• ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My Toro Titan 6000 has a hitch and has a label indicating 80lbs max.
    We pull a yard sweeper and a little wagon/cart every little bit.
    400 hrs and have serviced the hydros twice. They have a spin-on filter.
    You have to remember the turning radius of the ZTR is much smaller than whatever you're pulling. You still have to treat the trailer like it's attached to a truck, otherwise you jackknife (even going forward) and rub the trailer yoke into your ZTR drive wheel.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Different strokes for different folks. When I switched from mowing our gun club range with a tractor style mower to a ZTR, I cut my time by 40%. I can mow in reverse now, turn on a dime, turn 90 degree corners around buildings and doghouses. I will never go back to a tractor mower. I load it sideways on the trailer and still have room for a small 4x4 ATV.
    I get it, but I use it for several non-mowing tasks.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    You have to remember the turning radius of the ZTR is much smaller than whatever you're pulling. You still have to treat the trailer like it's attached to a truck, otherwise you jackknife (even going forward) and rub the trailer yoke into your ZTR drive wheel.
    If you were going to do much maneuvering with a balanced trailer, you may consider putting a Reece hitch on the front of the ZTR. Easy to back up, you're just pulling backwards. Easier to push forward into place. You don't have to think about which way...if it starts going wonky you just go the opposite direction to straighten up, then forward again. It's all reflex.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Different strokes for different folks. When I switched from mowing our gun club range with a tractor style mower to a ZTR, I cut my time by 40%. I can mow in reverse now, turn on a dime, turn 90 degree corners around buildings and doghouses. I will never go back to a tractor mower. I load it sideways on the trailer and still have room for a small 4x4 ATV.
    Yes, as long as you just need a mower, they beat a tractor mower hands down.
    I have no need for a tractor mower in my situation so a ZTR works great for my needs.
    I have a 2 acre lot and I can fly through it!

Last edited:

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    I bought a used Cub Cadet 60" Zero Turn probably 5 or 6 years ago. 2.5 acres with 1.5 being rough field. The first winter I had it, I sharpened the blades and changed the engine oil. Other than putting Slime in the tires every year and a couple new batteries (garage it's stored in has no heat and no insulation), all I do is beat the hell out of it. Still runs great, still cuts ok (I REALLY need to sharpen the blades, it's run over too many 3" and smaller branches).

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Depends on the budget, I really dig the Cub Cadet zeroturn with steering wheel. Residential models are about $5k, pro models $8k+. It really shines when mowing sideways along a slope, the front wheels pointing at the intended direction, not just relying on the rear drive wheels.

When I had my lapbar mower, I really missed having a free hand when I needed, have a drink, scratch my nose, pick up tree branches without stopping and running my blower while riding the mower.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Depends on the budget, I really dig the Cub Cadet zeroturn with steering wheel. Residential models are about $5k, pro models $8k+. It really shines when mowing sideways along a slope, the front wheels pointing at the intended direction, not just relying on the rear drive wheels.

When I had my lapbar mower, I really missed having a free hand when I needed, have a drink, scratch my nose, pick up tree branches without stopping and running my blower while riding the mower.

Anyone with a zero turn will quickly gain the skill of going full speed while having a tasty beverage.

You learn your yard and bumps and craters and sketch spots.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville

My dad has the steering wheel zero turn because he has a sloped yard. He likes it very much.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Hmmm, that would explain why the right caster tire was closer to the caster frame than the left side. How does this leave the factory? The axle sleeve the bolt goes through is just not there. Luckily I caught it before mowing. I went over it top to bottom.
    20240901_102441.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom