• ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    We have an Edgemark and a Husquvarna . Both are 60 inch cuts with the same engine. We like the Edgemark a little better, but both are good reliable mowers.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What ever brand name, the suspension seating is a life (back) saver. And heads up on the ROPS if you’ve never used one. Easy to forget it’s there, low tree limbs can flip you over. Who looks up when your mowing?

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Ferris here. Mine has been flawless since new. I have 3 sets of blades. Sharpen them all at the beginning of the summer when I service it. Change them as needed during the mowing season. Mine has a Briggs motor but the Kawasaki is an option. Mine has coil over suspension on all 4 corners and compared to by friends Dixie…. My Ferris rides like a Cadillac. Well worth the look if you have a dealer close.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Scag mower here. I’m on my second TT. I gave my first one to my son when he bought his house a couple years ago. They’re pricey but if this one holds up as well as my first one I may be giving it to my grandkids someday, when they buy their first home. :)

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Ariens Apex 52" here. Of course I bought it right before they released a killer "Ikon", but I digress. Ariens owns Gravely, or vice-versa, not sure you can go wrong. I would just avoid thin decks, stamped or not. Love my Apex, though. Turned a 1.5 hour 21" mow into a 20 minute task.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    There's a large selection of used mowers at the Jeff Boone auction this weekend. I'm afraid finding a smoking deal there is hard anymore but you can go before the auction and inspect the machines. It's East of Markleville but also online.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I used to run a Scag Turf Tiger. Great mower and very serviceable, even rebuilt the unrebuildable hydraulic pumps. It had around 2500hours on the original Kawasaki motor. The farm has a Spartan with a big 30+hp motor. It's a tank. We had a grasshopper, it left a great finish with heavy lines as they have a rubber "striper" on the back of the deck. I now use a 2022 John Deere 930M. It has enough for me with "only" 25hp.

*I do NOT recommend financing unless you can afford it.* John Deere runs a special 0% interest loans on these very often. They also have great customer service. It sounds like a small 1025 with a loader and belly mower may be useful for your needs.

I had 1 issue with the mower, one of the bars on hour meter started flickering. You could still read the hour but it's not a cheap mower and I want it 100%. Called my sales rep, he told me to leave it in the driveway and keep my key. I left it in my driveway with the key removed. They returned it to my driveway with key removed after it was fixed. I put the key in and drove it to the barn.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    I have my eye on the Ferris ISX 800. I can't stop thinking about the suspension! I'm not getting any younger. It has the ICD deck that looks great. Greaseable spindles rather than sealed. 2 belts over 1 to prevent the wear of 1 large belt. Chain hung deck. I do have a local dealer the same distance away as the other. I'm going to check it out on Friday. It is also around the $10k mark that I was trying to stay close to.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I have my eye on the Ferris ISX 800. I can't stop thinking about the suspension! I'm not getting any younger. It has the ICD deck that looks great. Greaseable spindles rather than sealed. 2 belts over 1 to prevent the wear of 1 large belt. Chain hung deck. I do have a local dealer the same distance away as the other. I'm going to check it out on Friday. It is also around the $10k mark that I was trying to stay close to.
    The auction talked about up thread has some stuff in it that may interest you. Not new but it’s there to look at. Just a thought. Luck to ya.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Grasshopper zero turn, front mount, tilt deck with Tweeles for the win!
    Your welcome.
    Add the Kabota diesel and you have the greatest lawnmower advancements in my lifetime.
    I bought a used 2008 Grasshopper 727T6 27hp, 61" front deck in 2014 that had been a farmer trade-in.
    Am still using it and it's been a great mower.

Attachments

• Grasshopper727T6.jpg
      Grasshopper727T6.jpg
      191.9 KB · Views: 10

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My folks have a 20 year old Hustler that's still going strong. And they bought it used from a commercial lawn care company.

And by going strong, I mean most of the running gear / deck is factory OEM and still VERY very competent.

May be on it's 3rd Kohler engine and at least 2nd hydraulic pump. Some of the ancillary hydraulic turning mechanisms have acted goofy, too.

Can blame the engines mostly on my mom who doesn't really like to check the oil on things... The hydraulics stuff? Dunno. My stepdad also isn't known to keep up on PM.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom