• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Just picked one of these up today… :rockwoot:

It is pretty nice. I broke it down tonight to clean it, and the only thing I found wrong was some surface rust on the front sight base/gas block. Took some Kroil to it, and it came right off. It has some of the nicest engraving that I have seen on an AK.

Came with two 30-rd magazines and a cleaning rod. One of the mags was completely clean, but the other was coated in cosmoline. Now, I have always heard of this stuff, and have even seen some on surplus guns at the gun show, but have never handled or cleaned anything coated in it. Again, the Kroil came in handy, but getting the inside of the mag cleaned out was a bit of a chore. Still fun though.

The plan is to send this gun out for conversion to take a side-folding stock once I choose a builder. Thinking about Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms in AZ, or Troy Sellars at In Range down in TN. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Ah yes, another 5-6 month Form 1 wait...

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Just picked one of these up today… :rockwoot:

It is pretty nice. I broke it down tonight to clean it, and the only thing I found wrong was some surface rust on the front sight base/gas block. Took some Kroil to it, and it came right off. It has some of the nicest engraving that I have seen on an AK.

Came with two 30-rd magazines and a cleaning rod. One of the mags was completely clean, but the other was coated in cosmoline. Now, I have always heard of this stuff, and have even seen some on surplus guns at the gun show, but have never handled or cleaned anything coated in it. Again, the Kroil came in handy, but getting the inside of the mag cleaned out was a bit of a chore. Still fun though.

The plan is to send this gun out for conversion to take a side-folding stock once I choose a builder. Thinking about Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms in AZ, or Troy Sellars at In Range down in TN. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Ah yes, another 5-6 month Form 1 wait...

Sounds like it's been a while since your last.... they're running about 10 months to a year mailbox-to-mailbox right now, unless you e-file, then it's shorter.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    This thread needed a pic:

20140306_161654_zpsd19dcc54.jpg

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Alright, alright, finally got some pics of it. Took it out and shot it today… definitely needs a stock. Bummer on the 10-12 month wait for the ATF. I did one a year ago and it took about 6 months. The engraving is very nice compared to the WASR I used to have, and even the Arsenal I just got. I'm going to hang onto the hand guards so I can refinish them while it is away at the gunsmith.

20140308_160722_resized_zps177b223e.jpg
    20140308_160805_resized_zps66a94f83.jpg

20140308_160738_resized_zps91fa3280.jpg

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Very nice firearm. Good to see you got one of the one's with the serial number moved forward if you are planning to SBR it. I had an extremely low serial number one (000xxx) that had the serial number exactly where one would need to drill at the end of the receiver.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Got the M92 back from the gunsmith. He did some really nice work on it. Unfortunately, the serial number was too low for him to install the side latch, but I wanted the triangular stock, so we just left the latch off. Now for the long wait to be able to add the stock to make the firearm less concealable… WTH?

20140424_181224_resized_zpsa194a8d6.jpg

Top Bottom