• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Woohoo! The reason I got my judge was because I was looking for a revolver chambered in .45 acp. I've learned to love the thing, but wish it shot auto ammo.

I really do like my judge as long as I'm shooting federal 000 or that winchester .45 colt lead bullet that comes in the brown cardboard "cowboy looking" box.

What sucks is that It's been so long since I've seen a box of that winchester that I forget what it's even called.

I've got buckets of .45 acp, I hope this thing shoots.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Now here's my question: If the Smith can do .45 Auto with moonclips, then what, design wise, would be holding back the Taurus from doing the same thing? If I could moonclip up some .45 auto and run it in a Judge, that would push me over the fence to pick one up. I would imagine they all space on the rim, they all have the same general dimensions and realistically, by default, if the Smith can fire .45 LC and .410 in standard format, then why would the spacing on the Judge be any different? I can see a potential market for the Judge if it needs milling to do this?

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I still can't work up much enthusiasm for this type of revolver. I think it stems from the time I looked over a Thunder-Five several years ago.

BUT: More choices are good! More new guns on the market is good! If you like them, go for them.........

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I would love to have a revolver chambered in .45 acp, but I don't think that I would like it having a 2 1/2" cylinder on it. Too much extra length in the firearm. Verry cool though that smith is competing in that market.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Never thought I'd see the "S&W versus Taurus Giant-Freakin' Revolver Death Match!"

Chambered in .45 ACP makes it worth considering. I've love to have a .45ACP revolver but would prefer a longer barrel than the Governor. Now that we have the Judge and the Governor when will we see Secretary of the Interior? Or Superior Court Judge?

Top Bottom