• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Tacticalicious:

Equipment so amazingly tactical, you really hope the zombie virus will be released soon in order to truly justify its awesomeness.

:):

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Tactical relates to physical actions. For example if you watch a Swat Team clear a house. They do not go bee bopping down the hallway, with there rifles slung over their shoulders and talking shop. They move tactically, to affectively complete their mission. Tactical is a word that manufactures use, to add a level of cool. So Joe Bob who just got his first AR sees it, and thinks if he buys that product. He will be a super ninja, one man bad ***. A .22 is in no way tactical. A .308 with a fancy stock, and $1,000 scope is not tactical. Pants with a pocket for everything but the kitchen sink, does not make them tactical. The word tactical makes me want to pimp slap someone. Wait, I'm going to buy every product that says tactical in front of it. Slap it on my AK, so it's overly heavy and out of balance. Then I'm going to go Rambo on some fools.

Ok, deep breath. I feels much better now.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Glad thats cleared up,no such thing as a Tactical weapon, the word you were looking for is tactics,I believe. Glad I never wasted any money on what they call Tactical weapons.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    tactical = being well trained and vigilant

....but it's usually just marketing hype to get you to pay more for something you don't really need

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Any thing black, plastic, and or with a punisher skull decal on it.
    Or labled "Police"

Blued with wood = Gun

Parkerized with colored plastic = Tactical.

It is beyond being a tool to aid a person, it is a marketing thing now.

A .22 is tactical when an Isralei soldier uses one with a can to shoot you in the nuts. It is not when you shoot a Coyote.

Gun owning Fudd's see the beauty of functional so some embrace it. I hunt with both. I do not wear plaid wool pants when I hunt. With clothes I am synthetic all the way but in non-tactical color schemes. Kind of like being a Tea Party member, not Fudd, not Tactical but effective.

In the history of our country every rifle and caliber ever used in combat has in turn become a Deer gun. What works in the field, works in the field.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    When the tool is most specifically the right one for the job... I introduce, the tactical Daisy.

Daisy5.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Tactical in a civilian firearm is a way of saying there were some cheap military looking parts added so that the price could be jacked up by $1000. Add "accurized" and add another $1000. Combat ready, add another $1000. Competition approved, add another $1000.

See the pattern? The more adjectives, the higher the price of a standard civilian weapon. :D

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Tactical=Practical, as in needed to complete the task at hand. Although most of the industry tend to disagree since they slap the phrase on every item sold, despite its practicality.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    IMO:

Tactical = any type of modification or design to improve a weapons performance in a fighting situation.

Tacticool = Any type of unnecessary modification or design to improve a weapons second level of cool that can be passed off as an improvement to it's performance.

That being said... there is a # V < |< ton more "Tacticool" than "Tactical" firearms out there.

Top Bottom