• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Reading some treads that mention "Tactical" .22,Rem 700,so on so on.
    Just wandering what you'll consider Tactical? Someone mentioned dont use the word tactical and .22 in the same sentence. I have what one might consider a tactical.22 ,some might not,is it because its black,customized,scoped,accurized? Not trying to stir things up,just want to get a feel for what the word means to us.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    just want to get a feel for what the word means to us.

Webster's says it means "of or relating to combat tactics," with "tactics" meaning "the science or art of disposing and maneuvering forces in combat" or "using available means to accomplish an end".

In the world of guns and gear marketing, it means "black, plastic, and priced $150 more". :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I dont endorse the use of Militaristic terms for civilians who support the 2A.

I try to lowball those aspects, simply because Society will look abit differently at someone who says certain phrases, and such will paint him in bad light.

Remember, it's the objective of our foes to paint us as militia pyschos, why give them ammo and endorse them; which is my feeling on this matter.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Reading some treads that mention "Tactical" .22,Rem 700,so on so on.
    Just wandering what you'll consider Tactical? Someone mentioned dont use the word tactical and .22 in the same sentence. I have what one might consider a tactical.22 ,some might not,is it because its black,customized,scoped,accurized? Not trying to stir things up,just want to get a feel for what the word means to us.

Any thing black, plastic, and or with a punisher skull decal on it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Im so tactical I belly crawl to the mailbox. And thats a lot of bell,,, uh ,,, tactical.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Lets see a Tactical weapon?

I would consider something like this to be a tactical weapon:

M4A1_ACOG.jpg

M4 with ACOG. Definitely designed to get a little tact in your cal.

However, if we are talking 500 yards. Keep your silly tactical rifle and pick up something that has been getting down for 60 years. M1 Garand

M1Rifle.jpg

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    IMO, these days, the word tactical generally denotes the style of the weapon rather than its actual use

The only reason this fails to be fully tactical is that it doesn't provide a good water purifier! LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    On a serious note, IMO tactical is a combination of either a weapon, tools, or system of weapons and tools needed by the particular user to preform a specific task at hand properly. What may be tactical for job #1 that needs to be done now may not be tactical job #2 that you may need to preform 5 min from job #1.

Example:
    You are a member of a special weapons and tactics team, it is at night, you have a armed subject inside a structure with windows that can give away your movements and or positions, you are getting ready to deploy and enter the structure but the pesky street light above you lights your movements up like the forth of july. Now you can take your standard issue 5.56 round and shoot out the street light and go FOREVER before falling to earth again, or you can take your tactical .22 short. and punch out the light.
    Now after the light is out, the right tactical weapon would prob. not be the .22short, now your 5.56 is the tactical weapon of choice to enter the structure and preform your duty eficiently.

.22short = Tactical weapon in this case.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    However, if we are talking 500 yards. Keep your silly tactical rifle and pick up something that has been getting down for 60 years. M1 Garand

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1200x450.
    Get off my lawn!

Top Bottom