• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i decided to have what i call a 'gun parade' tonight, which is, i drag everything out of my safe, function check it, etc, ensure those that i want loaded/chambered are so, handle it to retain familiarity, make sure records are up to date, etc.

this thought occurred to me, i have two favorites in my collection, my EDC G22, and a Bushmaster clone of a Colt Commando. while i have others that are more fun to shoot, and/or more accurate, or more practical/utilitarian, these 'feel right' to me.

everyone has something in their collection that is their favorite. whatever your reasons, be it beauty, practicality, utility, fit feel function etc... what is your favorite? and why?

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Either my M1 garand or my remington 550 .22. I have always wanted an M1 since I was around 7ish and its just to much fun to shoot, it was also my grandpas, who recently passed. The remington was also his and its just so accurate and fun to shoot, I just love it. Also, its a tank!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    My favorite gun isnt mine, its my dads nylon66, first gun I ever shot, and its just a good little shooter, even still. I just did a complete dis-assembly, strip clean/reblue of the entire gun. My dad couldnt believe it, looks brand new again. The favorite gun that I own is my savage mkII FVXP, simply because I have memories of playing sniper, with my buddy as a spotter. At 150yrd, he would call out a flower, or large visable weed, and I would take it off at the stalk. I called it ballistic deforestation. Its stupid accurate, thats why I love it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    1940 K98k all numbers match duffle cut. Holding a piece of history like that is hard to describe. Really sweet shooter, way more accurate than even my young eyes are capable of. I love everything about it, action smooth as silk, I love the sights and the 8mm Mauser is an awesome round.

Jon

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Tavor fits me like a glove, and after finally making it to the range with it, it cemented its place as #1. It's a combination of everything that I've learned works best for me, if I could only keep one gun that would be it.

xmMB4lI.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Springfield Armory M1A. Bring enough gun..

DSCN2606_zps4376dda2.jpg

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    My favorite rifle isn't mine its my dads, all factory noveski AR with troy, maybe a upgraded trigger have to ask :dunno: but smoooooooth as butter, and then my favorite pistol has to be my kimber custom TLE/RL II

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Favorite rifle is hands down my Henry Golden Boy.
    Favorite handgun is a harder choice. I sold off most of the handguns that aren't "favorites" and each serves its function very well. If I needed to sell off every handgun I own, and keep one, I'd keep my 6" Ruger GP100 for versatility.
    If I had to choose only one gun, it would be a very close match between the Henry and the GP100, and I'd probably lean a bit more toward the Henry.

Top Bottom