You will never guess what my puppy just ate!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Pretty much. I was doing laundry, turned my back for thirty seconds and he ate at least 4 pairs of my fiance's. Maybe more, but there are definitely four pairs missing. I rushed over to that side of the room when I saw he had something, and by the time I got to him, he had swallowed it whole.

At least these should pass easier for him than that time he ate one of the smaller dog's stuffed lobster whole, or the time my brother's pit bull ate an entire queen sized bed sheet.

Just a word of warning, keep him AWAY FROM TAMPONS!!!! That's the one we posted for prayers on, when our Pit was living with our daughter and her roomie couldn't remember to keep the bathroom door shut.

He ate NINE of them, ended up with Pancreatitis, among other things, and cost me over $2000. to get him back to health. Now THAT was a vet bill that I hadn't expected! And yes, he ate their thongs too, many many pairs. I wonder if large breed male puppies are pervs? Hmmmm??? :dunno:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Try to get a video of him dragging his ass all over the yard trying to pass the part of the thong that doesn't come out in the poop.:):

I have a GSD and have to keep his tug-o-war ropes put away now, because he eats them and the strings attach to his poop and don't come all of the way out...It's funny to watch, but as much as he likes "kissing" people, I don't let him pull the :poop: strings out with his mouth, so he has some trouble.:):

Yeah, I always find it funny when I clean the yard and find the random stuff he eats. Most of the time it is change. He loves coins. One time there was part of $5. Hand towels, pens, and makeup are all fairly common as well.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was at a friend's house once, and we stepped out in the driveway for about 5 minutes.
    Came back in and a full, unopened loaf of bread including the plastic wrapper that had been on top of the refrigerator was suddenly gone!

My friend's greyhound had eaten it! :laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My first GSD (R.I.P Zeus) got into the cupboard, somehow climbed to the top-shelf and grabbed a can of chicken. He used his k-9s to puncture the outer rim of the can, can-opener style. The entire lid was removed(perfect circle) and the can was licked clean.

This same dog was run over by a bus after jumping out of a 2 1/2 story window(hit the ground running before being hit). I have at least 20 crazy stories about Zeus. He was a badass...I'm 6'6 and he could jump over my head while I'm standing straight up.

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Try to get a video of him dragging his ass all over the yard trying to pass the part of the thong that doesn't come out in the poop.:):

I have a GSD and have to keep his tug-o-war ropes put away now, because he eats them and the strings attach to his poop and don't come all of the way out...It's funny to watch, but as much as he likes "kissing" people, I don't let him pull the :poop: strings out with his mouth, so he has some trouble.:):

Hey ya Benny my good buddy! :):

Just a word of caution re your GSD. (and any puppy/dog in general) And I'm being dead serious on this one, unfortunately. Be careful helping pull those strings out of his behind if they don't pass naturally in his poop. Stuff like that can get wrapped up in their intestines and cause Peritonitis to set in, which could kill it.

Among other things in my life, while working at the Ranch, I doubled as a Vet Tech when needed. We learned that cuz one of the dogs up there got ahold of some horse tail hairs, ate them, and was trying to poop them out, without a whole lot of success. The owner tried to help (unknowingly) and ruptured the dog's intestine by pulling them out for him. It was dead within a 24 hour period of time. Wet Gangrene set in and that was the end of it. Gangrene is bad enough when it hits from the outside, but when it comes from the toxins within the dogs system, there's really not much you can do to save it. :(

Just a word to the wise. Hope I helped.

7th Stepper

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I used to have a red nosed brindle pitbull and I had left him alone for about 30 minutes while going shopping.... I come home and half of a cherry wood door was gone..... No splinters.... nothing..... I looked every where for any trace of it and nothing..... Also when I came home he was laying in the bathroom sink with the water on, drinking straight from the faucet......

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I had a brindle dane when I was growing up. Word of advice, if he isn't fixed yet DO IT NOW. You do NOT want an aggressive sexually mature male great dane that has a taste for "undies". PM me if you want to hear the story about my friends dane and the unfortunate girl at his party.....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hey ya Benny my good buddy! :):

Just a word of caution re your GSD. (and any puppy/dog in general) And I'm being dead serious on this one, unfortunately. Be careful helping pull those strings out of his behind if they don't pass naturally in his poop. Stuff like that can get wrapped up in their intestines and cause Peritonitis to set in, which could kill it.

Among other things in my life, while working at the Ranch, I doubled as a Vet Tech when needed. We learned that cuz one of the dogs up there got ahold of some horse tail hairs, ate them, and was trying to poop them out, without a whole lot of success. The owner tried to help (unknowingly) and ruptured the dog's intestine by pulling them out for him. It was dead within a 24 hour period of time. Wet Gangrene set in and that was the end of it. Gangrene is bad enough when it hits from the outside, but when it comes from the toxins within the dogs system, there's really not much you can do to save it. :(

Just a word to the wise. Hope I helped.

7th Stepper

Many thanks for the advice, but I always make him pass it naturally...Heck, I don't even let HIM pull it out.:):

My GSD just turned two(Oct. 8), but he's been great about not chewing things that aren't his. My first GSD(I'm on my second) had an Oakley fetish when he was a puppy...That got expensive.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I used to have a red nosed brindle pitbull and I had left him alone for about 30 minutes while going shopping.... I come home and half of a cherry wood door was gone..... No splinters.... nothing..... I looked every where for any trace of it and nothing..... Also when I came home he was laying in the bathroom sink with the water on, drinking straight from the faucet......

:): When did you say you had this dog? I think we have it's brother! Benji is also a Red Nose Pit, Brindle in color, and we left him locked in our bedroom once, so he hopefully wouldn't destroy anything in the house.

We got home to find the door wide open, the entire middle and inner section of the door frame gone (oak) and half the floorboard missing. And like you, we didn't even find a splinter, he pooped sawdust for about a week! I swear nothing can hold him back, there's not a crate or cage made that he can't somehow break out of.

We babysit him now, and he has free roam of the house, in return for not destroying anything he gets his mouth on. Our "Big Boy" (Bills dog) likes to bring us presents when we get home. Shirts, blankets, bathrobes, shoes, Bills phone once, the TV remote, you name it, if it's down, or he can reach it (he's 6' tall when standing on his hind legs, and can look Bill straight in the eye) he brings it to us as a "present" when we get home. And NOTHING will deter him from his mission to make us feel welcome! :):

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I had him about 7-8 years ago..... I couldn't put anything of value on the floor or even close to the floor..... He ate a PAIR of my shoes once...... Of course it was my dress shoes too.... must have enjoyed the taste of leather because one just didn't fill him up enough......

Top Bottom