• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Standard Chinese SKS, nice shape w/10rd fixed mag and folding spike bayo, no extras....$1000 asking price at Ferdinand gun show.
    Needless to say there wasn't a line.:rolleyes:

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    If no one bought it, what was gouged?

Even if someone bought it, was it gouged? No one is forcing the buyer to pay that price, if someone is willing to pay that amount...well something about a fool and his money. Free market, how does it work? :n00b:

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    My thought: Whatever money we were going to spend on guns should be sent to the NRA instead. We can grab all we want, but if someone with common sense doesn't stand up for our rights, we won't be able to enjoy them.
    The greed within our own community amazes me sometimes.

djenks11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    even mags prices are way up. They would sell more if they would just keep the prices the same. not just trying to get rich quick.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Yep, I seen that there too, and laughed in the guys face.

Me too, its almost as if some people want a ban to pass just so theyre stuff becomes more valuable. It sickens me, just like those that think MG's should remain under a ban so they dont lose money on ones they already have. :xmad:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My thought: Whatever money we were going to spend on guns should be sent to the NRA instead. We can grab all we want, but if someone with common sense doesn't stand up for our rights, we won't be able to enjoy them.

Common sense is a dangerous word in this day and age.

It usually means the exact opposite of anything that makes sense.

Me too, its almost as if some people want a ban to pass just so theyre stuff becomes more valuable. It sickens me, just like those that think MG's should remain under a ban so they dont lose money on ones they already have. :xmad:

I agree completely but I think you should be a little more understanding.

If someone has $30k invested in NFA firearms, and it took them half their life to be able to get that, do you think they want to lose $29k?
    I'd personally just work on getting and keeping a class 3 SOT FFL if I was that interested. A new select fire MP5 for $700 would certainly make the fees not hurt nearly as bad.

Last edited:

NastyNate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Reelsville
    The sooner people quit paying the high prices the better. I think the people paying for this stuff are worse than the ones selling it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    even mags prices are way up. They would sell more if they would just keep the prices the same. not just trying to get rich quick.

There isn't any "more" to sell. Demand has far outpaced supply.

Is the national debt a product of individual financial conditions or vice versa? With the economic ignorance that abounds, I'm not sure.

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Supply and demand!

It is just a basic lesson in supply and demand economics at work! Fair market value is defined as what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller. I don't like it any more that anyone else....but that is the way of the world! Panic buying always results in higher prices.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Common sense is a dangerous word in this day and age.

It usually means the exact opposite of anything that makes sense.

I agree completely but I think you should be a little more understanding.

If someone has $30k invested in NFA firearms, and it took them half their life to be able to get that, do you think they want to lose $29k?
    I'd personally just work on getting and keeping a class 3 SOT FFL if I was that interested. A new select fire MP5 for $700 would certainly make the fees not hurt nearly as bad.

I find it very selfish to want to keep a ban in place only for one persons "investments". Its a risk that one takes when spending thousands of dollars on guns. I would happily give away my one MG I own to see the ban lifted so others could participate, and I could get more of them cheaper.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Free market is the way of the world. I don't want to pay high prices so i don't! If the next guy has the extra cash and is willing thats fine to not my money. Its been said before if u bought stock at low prices and it went high and u sold it for 10 times what u paid for it would u feel the same?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    "A Sucker Born Every Minute"...

The worst that I have seen to date: One Thousand CCI-400 (SR) primers for--
    $185.00-PLUS-$15.00 shipping. AND they had 16 bids to get them up that high!!

I'm sorry, but $200.00 shipped for 1K of primers, that 6 months ago sold for $25-$27.00FTF is absolute stupidity on the buyers part..Bill.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom