• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have to agree with some of the other posts...Gander typically has high prices on guns and ammo. The exceptions can be ammo that is "on sale", and I have purchased an occasional used firearm for a very good price, (perhaps they mis-read their blue book when pricing).

dratt1957

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Crothersville,In
    Bob is great but his selection is sometimes limited, i got a heck of a deal on a XD in .45 ACP after they first came out, 400 bucks new. I like Joe and Steve and even Clint over at acme, both stores are great and have great customer service. There is only two stores in the columbus/seymour area that Ill do business with and thats acme and bite the bullet. Ive dealt with bassmasters and j&j customs and ive had really bad experiences with them. i flat out refuse to go to bassmasters anymore, especially since Greg left. their prices are high and I got treated like crap the last 2 times I was in there with cash in hand to buy but their loss. J&J customs called me an idiot when he asked what 1911 i was buying the crimson laser grips for and when my answer was a taurus PT1911, he told me I was an idiot for even owning one and that "only people that run drugs buy crap like taurus". So moral of the story, go with acme or bite the bullet. :ingo::ar15::patriot:
    I would personally like to invite you all to Bassmasters,not sure what bad experience you have had, but I would like to make things right. We may not always have the best price as their is always unknown circumstance's such as freight or availability,but
    I can assure you that you will not be mistreated, and rest assured we will do our best to get you the best price's possible...........Dale (dratt1957) bassmasters employee./avid shooter,reloader, and I have bought and traded all over including acme and bite the bullet and wont bad mouth any of them! they are all good guys!

Last edited:

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Just remember that they are not in the business of selling guns to people who know what they are doing, they are in the business of selling guns to people who buy on impulse. I hate them just as much as any other guy, but they do have just about anything you want to look at, and they dont make you feel like your asking for their first born when you want to look at something. Also, they do carry a lot of the cheap stuff that most gun shops wont carry to. I saw a clearanced Citori there for $1189.00 which is pretty cheap for a browning. And for all you guys that think buying guns online is so good, well do the math $495 for the gun. $65 for shipping. $35 for transfer. You end up spending about a hundred dollars more when you buy online, read the fine print.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just remember that they are not in the business of selling guns to people who know what they are doing, they are in the business of selling guns to people who buy on impulse. I hate them just as much as any other guy, but they do have just about anything you want to look at, and they dont make you feel like your asking for their first born when you want to look at something. Also, they do carry a lot of the cheap stuff that most gun shops wont carry to. I saw a clearanced Citori there for $1189.00 which is pretty cheap for a browning. And for all you guys that think buying guns online is so good, well do the math $495 for the gun. $65 for shipping. $35 for transfer. You end up spending about a hundred dollars more when you buy online, read the fine print.

Well in my personel opinion, Acme and Bite the Bullet are superior shops.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Once in awhile they will have a deal on a used gun that has a higher market price than what they came up with through their bluebook pricing but it's rare. I did pick up 100 rounds of federal .223 for 30.00 the other day, only around 6.00 a box so that wasn't bad.

They've got Remington UMC 9mm on sale for 10.99/box of 50, picked up 3 boxes in there yesterday... Same price as Federal at Wally-World, and I like Remington better...

Top Bottom