• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Once in awhile they will have a deal on a used gun that has a higher market price than what they came up with through their bluebook pricing but it's rare. I did pick up 100 rounds of federal .223 for 30.00 the other day, only around 6.00 a box so that wasn't bad.

I got in on some of that too, bought a few boxes!!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Once in awhile they will have a deal on a used gun that has a higher market price than what they came up with through their bluebook pricing but it's rare. I did pick up 100 rounds of federal .223 for 30.00 the other day, only around 6.00 a box so that wasn't bad.

2 boxes :rockwoot:,Maybe get more if I can make it back. Good price!

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Gander will price match is someone else has it in stock and will dislose the price they sell at. I ended up buying my Walther slim line there but got it 200 dollars cheaper than they wanted to sell it for because another shop had it.

They are overpriced

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i went to gander in greenwood a month or so ago for the first time. i didn't check prices on much but i did buy some federal lr match primers for 39 per thousand. thats not a amazing deal but its a pretty good one.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have bought one gun from them, back in 2007. It was a Remington 597, for $129. I have also bought some accessories from their, for decent prices. I looked for a brrom stick for my 10/22. All they had was a Mako, and I was not going to pay $39.99, or maybe it was $49.99. Also I looked at Beretta 92FS 15 round mags. They wanted $49.99 for them. I bought mine from Acme Sports for $35. So they do have decent prices on some of their accessories. I did notice they had no .22 mag bolt action rifles. Probably a good thing though, with $500 in my pocket. I would have been tempted. As the money is for another pistol. I still can not get over $727 for a blued FNP 40. When I paid $529 for the stainless model. Funny thing is around tax time I looked at them, and they only had $449 on that model. I still like their selection of .22 ammo. Around here, there is not much of a selection. Especialy in .22 MWR. I did buy a nice jacket from there last winter, for $30 bucks under the tag price. I have also bought a beanie, hat, and a couple of shirts.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I went back today and got some more .223 ammo for 29.99. They only had 4 boxes left.

they had a used benelli M1 for a decent price, I almost bought that... but I didn't. they couldn't come close on the handgun I wanted.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I love both places, and frequent both. I bought my FNP 9 stainless at Bite the Bullet. He sold it to me for $529 OTD. I had him quote me a FNP 40. He told me $589, which is what he had on the tag of the FNP 9 when I bought it. He said no way I sold it to you for $589. I said old man you must being loosing your memory. I like th throw him :poop:. Acme quoted me $495 for the FNP 40, but they can not get a stainless. So I'm going to order it from them. Bob is a kick *** guy, but I'm going with the lower of the two prices. It was just funny to see Gander have that much of a mark up. Over where else I can find it localy.

Bob is great but his selection is sometimes limited, i got a heck of a deal on a XD in .45 ACP after they first came out, 400 bucks new. I like Joe and Steve and even Clint over at acme, both stores are great and have great customer service. There is only two stores in the columbus/seymour area that Ill do business with and thats acme and bite the bullet. Ive dealt with bassmasters and j&j customs and ive had really bad experiences with them. i flat out refuse to go to bassmasters anymore, especially since Greg left. their prices are high and I got treated like crap the last 2 times I was in there with cash in hand to buy but their loss. J&J customs called me an idiot when he asked what 1911 i was buying the crimson laser grips for and when my answer was a taurus PT1911, he told me I was an idiot for even owning one and that "only people that run drugs buy crap like taurus". So moral of the story, go with acme or bite the bullet. :ingo::ar15::patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Bob is great but his selection is sometimes limited, i got a heck of a deal on a XD in .45 ACP after they first came out, 400 bucks new. I like Joe and Steve and even Clint over at acme, both stores are great and have great customer service. There is only two stores in the Columbus/Seymour area that Ill do business with and thats acme and bite the bullet. Ive dealt with bassmasters and j&j customs and Ive had really bad experiences with them. i flat out refuse to go to bassmasters anymore, especially since Greg left. their prices are high and I got treated like crap the last 2 times I was in there with cash in hand to buy but their loss. J&J customs called me an idiot when he asked what 1911 i was buying the crimson laser grips for and when my answer was a Taurus PT1911, he told me I was an idiot for even owning one and that "only people that run drugs buy crap like Taurus". So moral of the story, go with acme or bite the bullet. :ingo::ar15::patriot:

I agree 100% Acme, and Bite the Bullet are both top notch. They are the only two places, I'll spend my money at. I have not been in Bassmasters in years. I also will no longer do business with J&J. Joe tends to cater to the high rollers. To him Colt makes the best 1911 hands down. Roger the older guy that helps him, thinks Ruger makes the best firearms period. Places like that disgust me. I go to Acme weekly, and always pick up some ammo. They treat me well no matter what I buy. Sometimes I'll go see Bob, just to BS with him.

Last edited:

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    i have found two good buys at the gander here up in merrilville i got a glock 22 for 288 and a sig 226 for 399 i stop in all the time though and look at the used guns the guys put good prices on the guns sold directly to the store but when they get used guns from corporate they have to put a big price tag on them.

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would agree..what a joke. I stumbled upon ONE good deal there and jumped on it. An unfired beretta px4 storm listed as used for $379..figured I'd buy it on the spot because the next day they might jack up the price! The price of their 9mm ammo has gone down though..now they are competitive with walmart.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    I used to love GM. Had a sweetheart deal going with some coupons a few years ago, but that petered out and now they're just a source of "fondle fodder" for me. I can't remember the last time I bought something there.

Top Bottom