• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I found a couple things alarming but maybe I am over reacting.

Section 2 - (4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Section 3 - (e) Transfer of Control of Closed Military Installations- If a closed military installation is designated as a national emergency center, not later than 180 days after the date of designation, the Secretary of Defense shall transfer to the Secretary of Homeland Security administrative jurisdiction over such closed military installation.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    No need for the tin foil hats, the Messiah is attempting to care for us in time of need or reeducation. No fear, I'm sure that the facilities will be the best that taxpayer money can provide, just leave your weapons at the door ;)

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No need for the tin foil hats, the Messiah is attempting to care for us in time of need or reeducation. No fear, I'm sure that the facilities will be the best that taxpayer money can provide, just leave your weapons at the door ;)

Don't you mean China's Taxpayer dollar? Ours just go to pay the intrest.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I don't see what is so scary about this, except that it spends more money that we don't have. But then, I've never bought into the whole business about FEMA trying to take over the world.

Section 2 - (4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
    That doesn't mean that the Secretary of Vaterland Security can start giant torture camps or start feeding folks into ovens.
    Section 3 - (e) Transfer of Control of Closed Military Installations- If a closed military installation is designated as a national emergency center, not later than 180 days after the date of designation, the Secretary of Defense shall transfer to the Secretary of Homeland Security administrative jurisdiction over such closed military installation.
    If it is a closed military base, someone needs to run it. I'd rather someone other than our military be saddled with getting the closed bases up and running again. Not a huge deal.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I don't see what is so scary about this, except that it spends more money that we don't have. But then, I've never bought into the whole business about FEMA trying to take over the world.

That doesn't mean that the Secretary of Vaterland Security can start giant torture camps or start feeding folks into ovens.

If it is a closed military base, someone needs to run it. I'd rather someone other than our military be saddled with getting the closed bases up and running again. Not a huge deal.

We do not need the camps, money saved :patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Exaclty as 4Sarge stated.
    Why do we need FEMA to take over closed MIL BASES?
    Why not put them up for auction and let biz bid on them to make them into
    a) housing
    b) malls
    c) gun ranges
    d) industrial centers
    e) etc...

All of these would create a) jobs while the building is going up and b) some of these would make other jobs in running them. Heck to inctize biz to build you can give them tax-credits for a few years so that they move their warehouse/operations or make new ones there.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    and your first amendment in the dumpster

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I don't see the purpose? From a rational point of view. Most communities do a very good job of taking of each other during disasters. Maybe the intent is malicious on their behalf!
    Naw I know I can trust in my Goverment.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Most concerning is how this ties into the greater national security scheme in the event of a declaration of Martial Law. With the establishment of these facilities there will be a place where citizens could be ordered to report in the event of natural disaster or emergency.
    I shake at the thought of our national guard being deployed in a Katrina like environment again but this time instead of disarming individuals they have the ORDER to remove all citizenry from their homes and send them to these camps.
    Should you refuse to report you would be an enemy combatant at worst and/or a dissident at best?
    I am also disturbed by the "emergency" portion. Natural disaster -- sure give people a place to go that are unprepared.
    Emergency declared by a political figure ordering me from my home? I think NOT!

RAnderson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    FEMA CAMP and GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION NOW

The information contained in the video below is very disturbing. The first piece of legislation mentioned in the video deals with FEMA Camps. I have read articles in reference to the FEMA Camps before. I believe this is very real and we must deal with it now. If you are skeptical, Google "FEMA Camp Amtrak Indianapolis Indiana" You will pull up plenty of information to educate yourself. The second issue mentioned on the video deals with ammunition. This legislation will end the sport of firearms completely. Think about it, what good is your firearm without bullets? Take 8 minutes and watch the video. Then get mad as hell and contact everyone who represents you in Indianapolis and Washington and tell them if they do not vote both pieces of legislation down, you will, in turn vote them out of office at the next election. You must act! I have been participating in this board a short period of time. One thing I have come to learn is that the people involved with this online community are PATRIOTS. Constitution of the United States of America loving PATRIOTS. If we do not take action against this type of legislation, who will? Contact your elected officials at the state and federal level soon and often and tell them to vote down both of these resolutions.

YouTube - ACTION ALERT - STOP FEMA CAMP and GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION NOW!

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    We do not need the camps, money saved :patriot:
    Sounds like a good argument to me.
    Ashkelon said:
    Most concerning is how this ties into the greater national security scheme in the event of a declaration of Martial Law. With the establishment of these facilities there will be a place where citizens could be ordered to report in the event of natural disaster or emergency.
    I shake at the thought of our national guard being deployed in a Katrina like environment again but this time instead of disarming individuals they have the ORDER to remove all citizenry from their homes and send them to these camps.
    The presence or lack of these camps will not in any way cause or prevent the actions you are really afraid of. Sports arenas, fairgrounds and airports can and have been pressed into service for emergency camps. It is not unusual for people to be ordered to leave their homes in an emergency. In short, everything you're worried about can happen without the camps. I don't think it suddenly gets worse with the camps (except that we have to pay for them).
    RAnderson said:
    I have read articles in reference to the FEMA Camps before. I believe this is very real and we must deal with it now. If you are skeptical, Google "FEMA Camp Amtrak Indianapolis Indiana" You will pull up plenty of information to educate yourself.
    Go visit that facility sometime. Seriously. It's not hard to get to and most of the evil, scary "FEMA camp" can be seen from the road. You might be able to get a tour if you try. Last time I went by there most of the doors were open and you could see inside. I guess it is possible they had a cloaking field running to hide the train cars with manacles and gas chambers, but as of a couple of years ago it seemed harmless.

There's plenty of real government activity worth being scared about.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Sounds like a good argument to me.

The presence or lack of these camps will not in any way cause or prevent the actions you are really afraid of. Sports arenas, fairgrounds and airports can and have been pressed into service for emergency camps. It is not unusual for people to be ordered to leave their homes in an emergency. In short, everything you're worried about can happen without the camps. I don't think it suddenly gets worse with the camps (except that we have to pay for them).

Go visit that facility sometime. Seriously. It's not hard to get to and most of the evil, scary "FEMA camp" can be seen from the road. You might be able to get a tour if you try. Last time I went by there most of the doors were open and you could see inside. I guess it is possible they had a cloaking field running to hide the train cars with manacles and gas chambers, but as of a couple of years ago it seemed harmless.

There's plenty of real government activity worth being scared about.

Excellent point Cordex. I just get a little disturbed by the amount of options.

Top Bottom